Sunday, January 10, 2010

Yesterday....

Yesterday ended up being a very productive day. I was actually able to get up at a decent hour and get started with my day. Of course when I say get started with my day, I mean get on the computer. This thing has me within its grip! (lol) I think I’m as addicted to the computer as I am to my chocolate coffee. The thought of going a day without either is just flat scary hehe.

Then I got myself dressed and headed off to the store. We had made plans to have Danny’s family up for chili last night and there were a few things I still needed to get. Fifty dollars later I was checking out and heading back home to get the chili on. The onion that I chopped up to go in the chili was so strong that it made me cry and typically they don’t do that to me. Danny helped me open the rest of the cans and we put everything in a huge pot and set it on low so it could simmer all day. I had it on by 1:00 and we weren’t planning on having dinner until 6:00 or so. There was plenty of time for it to cook and get all yummy.

I was feeling very convicted yesterday about my non-walk with God and He really laid some stuff on my heart. So while I was on the computer He moved me to write a new poem “A Change of Heart”. There is so much I need to change about myself and the first is a better walk with God. He continued to convict me even after that. I always seem so busy, though I think I can make myself as busy as I want to be. So “I’m Busy” came from the conviction of the fact that I fill my life with so my “stuff” that steals my time that in the end I don’t have time for God. So I got off the computer with a sense of purpose. I read my Bible, I wrote in my prayer journal, and started in on the house.

I still didn’t have hot water in the kitchen so it was back to heating up water in the tea kettle on the stove. I got the dishes in the dish drainer put away (and there was a ton of them) and started washing everything that was in the dishwasher since it wasn’t working without the hot water. I did a general cleaning of the kitchen and felt better when it was done.

Then I started in on laundry. Danny had started a load and there was a load that needed to be folded and put away so I got that done. I cleaned up the living room and straightened it up. Danny wanted to go ahead and feed the horses and I took on the rabbits. Their water was frozen solid in both containers. So I brought them in and had to hold them under straight hot water in the tub to get them thawed. It took me over twenty minutes to get them thawed and they aren’t big containers. Anyway I think the other doe is pregnant and we should have another litter soon. Hopefully this litter will make it.

I came in (and man was it cold out there!) and looked around my still decorated Christmas house and just groaned. It’s been too cold to get out in the shed and get all the boxes in to get it undecorated. So rather than worry about it I started vacuuming the house. The only problem is that something seems to be stuck in the vacuum and it’s so loud! So I took the bottom off to see if I could get it out and I couldn’t. By the time I got finished the motor was starting to get hot and you could smell and slight burning odor. Danny cleaned up his bathroom and I kept on with laundry. We got so much accomplished that I felt good about my day.

Stevie and Nicky came up to the house and wanted to play on the xBox. I hadn’t played DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) in forever so we plugged that in and I started a little workout session. The boys looked so funny on the mats and bless their hearts they have no rhythm. I didn’t do so hot myself because it’s been so long since I’ve played that I’ve gotten really rusty. I plan on playing on it again today and hopefully burn some more calories. Heaven knows I need it!

Then the family came up and we ate chili and played Farkle. Steve (brother-in-law) was being so ornery, it was so funny. After writing what a great guy he is yesterday I’m almost tempted to reveal his true devious side lol. We had a fun time and I played until around 10:00. Then Ciara gave me a call and she needed to vent for awhile.

Ciara calls her step-mom Stasha because frankly Ciara knows it’s not her mommy. She still feels that loyalty to me that she doesn’t want to call her anything but her given name. Well Ciara has a two year old sister and I guess the little sister called her mom Stasha. Well Ciara got in trouble and was told she had to start calling Stasha mom so Caroline (sister) didn’t get confused. Ciara was so mad and frustrated she was ready to cry. She was ready to tell them she was leaving and come home early to me. I had to agree with her that it wasn’t right but there’s not anything I can do about it. When they do that, I don’t think they realize all its doing is causing a deep resentment. So we talked on the phone for almost two hours before she felt better. Bless her heart!

Then it was bed time. I made a few chocolate covered strawberries with my chocolate melter and it was my midnight snack. The boys were still up here playing on the xBox so I went to bed by myself. It was a good day with so much getting done. I felt weird not blogging about it last night, but I was tired and ready for bed. So that was my day yesterday and I need to get started on my day today. Blogging twice in a day is a great thing! I didn’t mean for this one to be so long (they always are anymore), but I guess I just didn’t realize how much happened yesterday. Hopefully today will be as productive as yesterday was!

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment