Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Great Day With a Friend...

Today turned out to be a good day. I didn’t get everything accomplished that I wanted to, but I think the things I do were worth it! I went to go see a friend, Crystal, and we hadn’t seen each other in over a year! That’s a long time in a friendship like ours. The only reason we didn’t was because of my depression. I stopped reaching out to everyone I cared about and in the process was a bad friends to those closest to me. She’s been there with me through so much and I’m so thankful for her friendship.

So we went to the AT&T store to go shop for her a phone. Her blackberry had been acting up for awhile now and she was just sick of it. We did very little looking because I think her heart was set before we walked through the doors. I let her look at my iPhone and told her she could tool around on it as much as she wanted. When she got the prices for the iPhones they were amazing! My phone was $200.00 cheaper than when I got mine! I told her I was jealous lol. Also if she went to the iPhone her monthly bill would go down over $30.00 a month. So there were many advantages to getting, and so she did! So now I have another iPhone buddy to add to my list.

After that we went to eat at Old Chicago. The food there is so good and the beer is even better! We both ordered a tall beer and just kicked back to talk. We had so much to catch up on and so we took our time going over the past year’s events. I also showed her some of the features of the iPhone and we had fun playing on our phones. I felt kind of bad for leaving the family, but I rarely do this kind of thing so I didn’t feel that bad. I decided since I had been such a bad friend (not calling or anything) that I should buy her meal for the evening and she was so appreciative. Danny had called and asked if I could stop at Wal-Mart when we got done and that happens to be her favorite store so she went there with me.

We got to Wal-Mart and it was a madhouse. I didn’t realize it was the 2nd and everyone with food stamps was there. She needed to get her a cover for her new phone so we went and grabbed that. I had to get a space heater for the well house (which I’m kind of worried about, but that’s another post), and quite a few groceries. But we took our time, chatting and having a good time in Wal-Mart if that’s possible. We were able to talk for an extra 30 minutes because the lines to check out were that long! We hugged and said goodbye and promised not to go that long again. Overall it turned out to be a great day with a friend.

I did call my grandma today to wish her a happy birthday. I did as Tara suggested and prayed the whole way to the highway (takes that long before I get good cell service), just thanking God for His goodness and praying that He would guide the conversation. The actual conversation didn’t last but maybe two minutes, but it was good. I told her I just called to wish her a happy birthday and she thanked me for calling and even told me she loved me as we were getting off the phone. I don’t think the conversation could’ve gone any better. After I got off the phone with her I had to call my ex-husband to see if I could get Ciara back tomorrow before she goes back to school. Again a short conversation, but there was no fighting or disagreeing and that’s always a positive with my ex.

I come home to my wonderful husband who missed me dearly while I was gone and it did feel good to come back to his arms. We always miss each other so much even when we’re only away from each other for short periods of time. I truly think we are a match made by the Creator of the heavens! I am so blessed to have him as a husband and I never take that for granted (well if I do, I don’t do it consciously). I’m ready for bed now and turning in. I’m not getting in bed as early as I’d like but I had to get all these things out of my head and on to some paper. I’ve got to get up early in the morning to go to church and we have a luncheon afterward. It should be a good time of fellowship! Hope everyone else had a good day today and many more to come in this new year.

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment