Sunday, January 10, 2010

She Learned About Rainbows!

Today was another productive day! I’ve been trying to keep myself up and going and getting as much as I can accomplished. It seems when I do this I do feel better about my day and I don’t feel so lazy. It also helps me think that there is a reason that I stay at home and not make me feel so guilty about not having a job.

I got up this morning and got ready for church. I really do love Sundays and getting to spend time with my family in Christ. They always uplift me and let me know just how much I am loved. Today I was teaching the little ones and they are always so much fun! They make me smile and it’s such a joy to be able to teach them. After I taught we went in the fellowship hall and started taking down the Christmas tree in there. We had some great conversation and some pretty good coffee too (although it wasn’t chocolate). I stayed for quite a while, but all the un-decorating at the church made me realize I needed to do it in my own house.

I came home and made Danny and I some lunch then I got busy. We had so much Christmas stuff up that I thought it would day me two days to get it all down. But I really wanted it done today. With a little help (and I mean little) I was able to get it all down today! There are still a few boxes of stuff in the house but it got so dark that it will have to wait until tomorrow to go out to the shed. I still think I got so much accomplished and I feel better about the house. Now the only thing that needs to be done is a general vacuuming and straitening and the house will be done!

When I got done I headed down to Tanya’s house to visit for awhile and we had a good time. Then I headed back to the house waiting a call from one of my very best friends! Crystal had texted me earlier saying she had felt like God was wanting her to read her Bible. She’s doesn’t go to church because she works seven days a week so time doesn’t permit her to go. This is a huge step for her! I just got off the phone with her and her highlight of the day was learning why we have rainbows! She learned it was God’s promise to us never to flood the earth again and she had not known that. My heart is so blessed by this because I have been praying for her so hard lately (and all my FB friends too!). It’s great to see God bring about blessings from my prayers and to see them answered so quickly. I will continue to pray for all of you and that God blesses you richly.

I’m off to bed now. We have to be at the doctor’s at 7:40 in the morning for Danny to get another shot in the base of his skull. We are praying that this one works better than the others and hopefully it will cure his headache. As for me I am pleased with my day! Why you ask…because she learned about rainbows!

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment