Thursday, January 28, 2010

Beauty from Ashes...

All I use to see was a tear-stained face
Wearing so much shame in wretched disgrace
My virtue was taken all hone was dead
Defiled dignity trembling in dread
A demoralized slave was all that remained
Trapped in impure filth, virginity maimed
Violated, tainted, feeling dirty within
Gough I was the victim of this sick sin
I’m ashes to ashes, turned dust to dust
All innocence lost by perverted lust
Harsh reality was learned must to fast
Ensnared by the memories of my dark past
Until He came triumphantly and rescued me
From the emotional chains that imprisoned me
In His love I was cleansed pure and white
He banished my shame and disgrace with all of His might
He made me a new creation whole and free
No longer could memory’s bondage keep it’s grip on me
In His grace I’m a victim no more
But am worthy to be loved like never before
I’m His crowning beauty in His righteousness
Adorned in His splendid holy gloriousness
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, here beauty reigns
Being lavished in the Father’s love forever and a day

This is my life story, sad but true. God has made me pure and white and that is what I cling to. I pray one day when someone reads this they too, will see they are precious in His sight and tainted no more...

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment