Friday, January 8, 2010

Slept in Late...

Today I slept in so very late! Maybe that’s because I didn’t get hardly sleep last night! Danny still had his awful headache last night so he never came to bed. When he’s not in bed with me, I just can’t sleep. I finally was able to get some good sleep after I took Ciara to school, but that was probably due to utter exhaustion. I slept half the day away and got little done. I was having weird dreams again but that’s probably because I forgot to take off my smoking patch last night. The dreams are so real and vivid, but they keep me from resting well. Last night I was dreaming that I was so thirsty (and I was) that I was getting up and going to the kitchen to get a drink. I woke myself up holding a non-existent glass drinking non-existent water lol. I dreamed some other crazy stuff, but I don’t remember it all. I know now to take that off before I go to sleep because it keeps me from sleeping well.

When I finally got up I jumped on the computer because I had tons up messages from Facebook (but what’s new there?). I got me my chocolate coffee and then I did a big no-no. Steve was up here playing golf with Danny on the xBox and he had a cigarette. He asked me if I wanted one and I said sure. So I went out in the freezing cold and smoked one. The great thing about it is it tasted so nasty it wasn’t even funny. By the time I got back in I was frozen and nauseous. I think it’s a good thing. It reminded me how glad I was not to be smoking anymore and the fact that it tasted so very bad shows me that God is really delivering me from the nasty habit! Praise Him for His goodness!

I got back in and looked at the kitchen and just groaned. It was an absolute mess! Dishes had piled up from two days of cooking and not being able to wash them because we don’t have hot water in there. I knew I would either have to heat up water on the stove to wash them in the sink or take them to the bathroom to wash them in the tub. The more I thought about it the better the sink sounded. I don’t have a dish drainer in the bathroom and for some reason (even though the bathtub is clean) it just seemed wrong to wash them in the same place where I take my bubble baths. So I heated up three pots of hot water and began washing them in the sink. I realized how much I take hot water and my dishwasher for granted as I stood there washing them by hand. I would not want to keep doing this for a long duration of time. It took me an hour or more just to do the dishes. Once I finished those I started wiping down the cabinets and doing your regular straightening of the kitchen. That didn’t take too terribly long. The hardest thing was the stove. Some water had boiled over and made a mess and it was a little hard getting it up after two days of sitting there.

Once I finished with that I finally got out of my pajamas and cleaned myself up and felt so much better after I got into some regular clothes. I knew the bunnies needed to be fed but I wasn’t looking forward to going out in the cold. I figured their water would be frozen up (and I was right) and I didn’t have any way to thaw it. I bundled up and headed outside and the rabbits are fairing pretty well out there. We did have another litter of babies but they didn’t make it so I was pretty bummed. I think our other doe is pregnant too, but I doubt they will make it in the cold either. We haven’t had a litter that’s lived since the summer and that was by a different doe altogether. That doe escaped and I think that was the only good mother we had. The other bunnies are good, don’t get me wrong, but they are lacking that motherly instinct I think.

Our baby weenies have been freezing all day when we let them out, of course they are short haired so I don’t expect them to be all warm and toasty, especially when they are house dogs. They just whine and cry when we let them out and they are only out there long enough for them to go to the bathroom. The other big dogs seem to be loving this weather, but of course they have nice thick coats to keep them warm. The horses are holding up ok also. Danny and Steve went down there to feed today and I was so thankful for that. I wasn’t looking forward to being outside for 45 minutes feeding and watering those pets! And that’s all they are because they aren’t ridable. It gets really expensive feeding horses that we can’t even enjoy riding on. Sometimes I think it would just be better to get rid of all of them, but then again I them so we’ll never do it. Although we are getting rid of the yearlings so if anyone knows of people wanting a horse let me know!

My brother-in-law is sitting here talking to me right now and he asked what I was doing. I told him I was just blogging and he wanted to know if I said anything about him. I told him of course, but he wants me to say what a great brother he is even if he did get knocked in the head and has a screw loose (literally!). He’s so funny, he cracks me up! I am very lucky to have a great family. My in-laws are the best and I love them all dearly. It’s not every day that you hear about a spouse having such a great relationship with their in-laws, but my relationship with them is better than my own family. Yes I am blessed richly by them.

Well I’m not sure what tonight will hold, but I have a feeling we will be playing Farkle again. Steve wants to turn it into a drinking game and on a cold night like tonight, I don’t think that’s a bad idea. A few drinks to warm you up is a good thing, but I just won’t drink too much! I know my limit! Although the other night I had a few glasses of wine and they went straight to my head even though I had eaten something. Oh well, it should prove to be a fun (even though cold) night. One of my big prayers is that the water lines don’t freeze with it getting so cold. Living in a mobile home definitely has its disadvantages. I guess I should get off here and be socialable, although I do love my blogging. Danny won’t go in to work tonight because he had to take medicine for his headache today and he can’t work on it. So maybe tonight I’ll be able to get some sleep. Here’s hoping!

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment