Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Shorter Than Some....

Ok, after a request from my sweet daughter today, I am going to keep this one short! Promise! She got on the site to look at the blog and she’s thinks I’m crazy! Lol She doesn’t think there is anyway someone would read such a long post. Yes there are a few that read this, but I like to think of them as my dedicated readers lol! I’ve been meaning to shorten them up anyway, but I’m going to give it an extra effort tonight.

Today started in a very unusual way. Danny came home from work (ok that’s normal, but hang in there) and tried going to sleep. The dogs acted like someone had given them speed or something and every time he would start to fall asleep the dogs would race across him and jump on him and he was getting so angry. So finally around 1:00 (he still hadn’t been to sleep and he got home at 8:00) I asked him when we were going to the feed store because we had to go today, because of the winter storm that’s coming in. He was UPSET! He said he guessed we better head that way so we both got dressed and went to go get feed. So here’s the unusual part, he was grumpy!! When I say grumpy, it’s such an understatement from what he really was. He had had a horrible night at work and he needed a ventfest (another Melissaism). And a ventfest is what he gave me! He went off! If you knew my husband you would know this is so out of his character! He is a laid back, easy going guy! He doesn’t get upset easy, but when he does, heaven help you! Well he couldn’t let his boss have it last night so guess who got the talk…me! Don’t get me wrong, he wasn’t mad at me, and he wasn’t as mad at his boss as he was about the situation he was put in. In any case the fest lasted for two hours! That’s a big beef to have with someone! Poor baby! He had had no sleep and a horrible work day and here’s his wife saying, “When are we going to the feed store”. It was not one of his better days.

I came home and went to go get Ciara. I was so glad she was coming home! When we got back home from picking her up from school, Danny was still down working with the horses so we went down there to help him. We had to get our two yearlings into the barn (we normally keep them in a round pen outside) since this storm is coming in. It took us about another 45 minutes of working with Captain to get him into the barn and feeding before we headed back up to the house. I started dinner as soon as I got up here because Ciara and I were starving. Then we got ready for church.

Nicky and Stevie went with us to church tonight and it was really nice. I was really looking forward to being in there and listening to the lesson night, but someone needed to sit with the kids so I did it tonight and we had a bunch of them. I love being in there with the kids too! I got the CD from last weeks sermon that I missed and I can’t wait to listen to it. I talked with Jean (pastor’s wife and Ciara’s school teacher) about how Ciara was doing in school and I wasn’t very happy. But for fear of being long winded I’ll leave that that!

I came home and read my daily Bible reading out of Psalms today and they are always so soothing. As I type I’m sitting here listening to Stevie play on the xBox and Ciara and Nicky are coloring together. I think I’m going to turn in early tonight (or at least try to). Not sure on that yet though because I’m not sending Ciara to school tomorrow because of this winter storm heading in. Speaking of the winter storm, it’s supposed to be bad! They are already declaring Oklahoma in a state of emergency and it’s not even here yet. I’m afraid we’ll lose power and I won’t be able to get on the computer. That will be the end of me (she says with major dramatics lol!!!)! No, I’ll be fine, that’s why I can access all this on my iPhone! Man I love that thing! Good night to all and if the Lord is willing I’ll still be here typing tomorrow night in the warmth of my own home!

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment