Thursday, December 31, 2009

Resolutions...

Resolute: firmly resolved or determined; set in purpose or opinion.

Resolution: a resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to do something; the act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action, method, procedure, etc.; the mental state or quality of being resolved or resolute; firmness of purpose.

As I sit here this New Year morning of 2008, drinking my tea and listening to Christian music, I was considering what new New Year resolution I would make. It occurred to me that while I know what the definition is to these words above, rarely do I practice them when it comes to my resolutions. I find this amusing, yet irritating at the same time. Why bother to sit down and strategize how to put this resolution into practice, why they rarely last the first two months. Maybe in the process of thinking how I am going to make it work I lose my determination.

Now I would love to get into shape this year and start working out every morning. My doctors have wanted me to do this for a long time, but I am not a morning person and that is the best time to work out. So I am trying to decide can I be resolute about getting up early and walking or working out? I am still thinking on that one. I would also love to change the time I do my quite time and be more consistent with it and more in depth. However this again requires an early wake-up time. Now to all of this I need to be the one to wake up early to feed the horses in the morning so they can be fed twice a day also. So if my normal wake-up time is 7:00 am in need 30 minutes to workout, at least 30 minutes for quite time, 30 minutes for feeding, before I can start getting ready. I believe I am at 5:30 for a wake-up time. I also have to think about the fact I would want to have hot tea or coffee with quite time so I would need extra time to fix that and if I am working out 30 minutes I need to get dressed, stretch, and I would have to make time to rinse off after working out and feeding the horses. Let's see, that would add on at least an additional 30 minutes and I am now at 5:00 or before, in the morning. I am already tired just thinking about getting up that early and I haven't even done it yet!

Additional resolutions would be to remain calm in the face of troubles, to not stress over my family, to gain some type of peace over their loss, and not have regrets. I need to do an overhaul on the house and clean on it everyday, like I did there for a while. I have to start doing laundry, rather than putting it off. My family deserves this! As I look over all the things that need to be changed about myself, I need at least 10 years and I am making these my resolutions to accomplish this year. If I am really resolute about doing this, then I've already broke one resolution, because I sure don't feel calm, I feel rushed!

So in light of all this, I think I will continue to sip on my hot tea and contemplate these resolutions. They have all waited this long surely they can wait another day right? Well I guess there goes the resolution to be punctual and timely. Oh well, the tea is good.

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment