Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Shannon and I's Bonding Moment...

What a day!!! It was action packed at every turn! It was filled with snow and fun, cold and fun, oh and did I mention fun? We started our day out pretty early today because Danny had to go qualify at the gun range today. I got up and got myself ready to head that way. On the way in I got a call from my mother called me (yes she called me, shocker!) to tell me a dear friend of the family had passed away last night. Danny and I saw it could potentially be one of my dads but who knows! (Who’s your daddy and I answer I don’t know! Lol) Anyway after that shocking news we finally arrived at the gun range and it was so cold outside (but not snowing yet). I got me a cup of regular coffee (I know, where’s the chocolate!) and went outside to watch him shoot. I didn’t take him very long and he did great as usual.

When we left there we headed for the feed store (still not snowing). We had a ton of feed to get today for all the animals because we were virtually out of everything! On our way back we stopped in a Sonic to get a breakfast sandwich then we headed to Ma’s with their drinks. When we got to Ma’s house she asked if I could braid Jen’s hair to which I said of course! It took me a whopping five minutes and it was done. We left there and headed down to the barn to feed the animals.

I had texted Shay along the way to see if she wanted to go shopping when she got out to the house and she was all over that! I thought it would be great fun for the both of us to go shopping together with our Christmas money. First, we went out to Shawnee to go to the Dillard’s and Ross out there. She had more luck than I did, although there was one particular item I was looking for that I was able to find. She cleaned up getting a new coat, jeans, and certain other things (wink wink Shannon!). But since I had bombed out so bad we decided to drive into the city to the Ross there, then to Dusty’s and then Payless Shoes. Also a friend had said she might meet us for dinner so I wanted to make myself available for her if she decided she wanted to go.

We get to Ross and I start shopping right away and I’m trying to find this dress I bought to show Shannon what I’m wearing for New Year’s Eve. I find it and show it to her and find her a cute dress in the process. Then I started looking for jeans (by the way it’s snowing now!!!) and I pick out several different sizes and styles to see which ones I like the best. When we get in the dressing room I decided to put on the biggest pair I had, thinking they would be too big. But oh no!!!! So I suck it in and I’m determined to make these work because I’m not about to go into a bigger size. I huff and I puff and finally get the darned things buttoned and they are just way too tight! So Shannon is in the next dressing room trying on her dress (that didn’t work) and I start laughing because I can’t get the pants unbuttoned. I try and I try and the things aren’t coming off. I think I should lie down then I could get them off, but we all know how dirty those floors are!!! All the while I’m telling Shay what’s going on and we are dying laughing. So I say to heck with it and start to slide my feet under Shannon’s fitting room so I can lay down and get the pants unbuttoned. She said, “What are you doing!!!!” To which I tell her, “I’m trying to get these stupid jeans off!” So we’re laughing even harder now to where I have tears coming down my cheeks. She says she’ll come over and help me. But you see she thinks they are stuck on my feet and doesn’t realize that they are still buttoned and I can’t get them undone. So she comes over and says to me, “Sit down,” and starts trying to pull them at my feet. I’m still laughing so hard I can barely stand it. I tell her the feet aren’t the problem, I just can’t get them unbuttoned. So she kneels down on the floor and I pull my shirt up so she can see the button and she starts laughing even harder! So she tells me to suck in and tries to get them unbuttoned and she can’t do it either!!! I’m thinking, “I can’t walk out in these but how do I get them off?!?!” So we try and try and I keep telling myself, “Think small thoughts (think skinny thoughts), think small thoughts” and while I’m saying this out loud she finally gets them undone! It was our bonding moment lol. And I can finally breathe again! So that ruined trying on any more clothes for me!

We went to Dusty’s and I found some cute earrings to go with my New Year’s Eve dress and a cute bracelet. Then we ran over to Payless and couldn’t find a thing. So we decided to go eat at Charleston’s and boy was it delicious! I figured after that fiasco I had earned me a glass of wine so I had one (and it’s still snowing!). So we split a salad (come on, you didn’t think I would order something fattening after the jeans now did you!) and we both were so stuffed because it was so big. Then we headed to Wal-Mart to get Danny a watch and a few other things. We ran and dropped the watch over at his office then headed home.

So I’m back home now and it’s still snowing outside. Nothing like it was on Christmas Eve! Now it’s coming down soft and it looks so beautiful! Shay and I had a great time! We laughed, we cried (laughing), it was a moving day! Lol. So I’m beat now and I’m heading to bed. Hope everyone could laugh at me as much as we laughed at me!

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment