Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Decisions, Decisions, What to Do?

Well yesterday turned into a very productive day. I cleaned on the house, got some errands done, and wrapped all my gifts and got them under the tree! Ciara had a little friend stay the night on Sunday night and they seemed to have so much fun. The little girl lives in Virginia and is here to visit her mom for the holidays and the mother was nice enough to let her come over for a night. Then after we dropped McKayla (that’s the little friend) off Ciara wanted someone else to stay the night with her last night. Considering her birthday is tomorrow I thought why not. So Meghan from church comes over and I don’t think I’ve heard Ciara laugh so much as when Meghan is over. It’s great to hear her laughter in the house. I can’t believe she’s going to be 12 tomorrow! I look at her and remember all the days we spent in the NICU with her. I remember the fear of wondering if she would make it because she was so incredibly small and the fear if she would be deaf and blind because she was so premature. The doctors said she could be mentally slow due to her prematurity and wondering if she would ever live a normal life. Then there were the years of the heart monitor because of her sleep apnea that caused sleepless nights so very often. She’s come such a long way and is turning into a beautiful young lady. I’m so very proud of her!

Back to yesterday’s events…Hiawatha came out yesterday because he was going dump a load of dirt into the creek. On his way out here he lost the clutch in his truck and had to drive it in low gear to get to our house. He figured he could borrow a couple of wrenches and get it fixed so he came into the house to dig around in Danny’s tool box for the right size wrenches. He had put the emergency brake on in the truck when he came into the house but apparently the clutch (which was broke) didn’t engage and the two ton truck went rolling back into a deep ditch. We come out of the house and look for the truck and it’s gone! We look up and see it sitting in the ditch and it was like oh no! Now how in the world are we going to get it out? Danny said he could get his chains and pull it out with his truck but his truck is a half ton and there is no way it’s going to pull a two ton truck out of the ditch. So Danny is still sick and doesn’t want to be in close courters with Hiawatha and get him sick. He ask me to drive Hiawatha over to the Pastor’s house so Hiawatha can get his truck and haul his tractor over and pull the truck out of the ditch. So I drive over there with Hiawatha and we have a nice talk on the way over. He gets his truck and his tractor and after 45 minutes he finally gets it out! He fixes the clutch and he’s on his way. He was worried that he would have to call a hauling company to come get the truck out, but with the help of the Lord they got it out!

The evening was spent listening to Christmas music as I wrapped Christmas gifts. I love decorating the presents; I always want them to look nice for the girls. As I start wrapping the gifts I realize I don’t have enough ribbon so I run to the dollar store and they are having a blow out sale on really nice ribbon. I ended up spending $30.00 on ribbon which is ridiculous but I couldn’t narrow down which ones I wanted and I know they will all get used in the long run. Ciara helped me match up the right ribbon with the right wrapping paper and we had a really nice time. I finally finished up around 11:45 and I decided to call it an evening.

As for today I need to run in and get Ciara her last birthday present. I need to run to the drug store and get my prescription and then clean off the table. It shouldn’t take all day I don’t think, but the table is going to be the major job. Then I really need to start doing laundry because Ciara really cleaned up her room and found tons of dirty clothes. She’s already done four loads of laundry and she will be doing more, but I don’t want her to do any on her birthday. She did ask for a special gift for her birthday and I’m not sure what to do. She asked to see my mom and grandma for her birthday and it’s not something I want to do. But if I don’t do it I look like the jerk. I really really don’t want to do this but I guess I should give them a call and see if they will be available sometime tomorrow so she can see them. I think she knows she has me between a rock and a hard place. It will be so awkward. I didn’t buy them a Christmas present because we don’t have the money and if I did do it, it would be an obligatory gift and I hate those. So if you have any advice on how to handle tomorrow I’m all ears because I really don’t know what to do. Hope everyone is doing well! Will update on the rest of the day and my decision about tomorrow later…

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment