Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tons to Do...

I’m sitting here with a ton to do, but no desire to do anything. My sink is filled with dishes, my cabinets are loaded full, my carpets need to be vacuumed, my laundry needs to be washed, with a myriad of other things to do. If I kept going I could almost make a poem out of that. But who wants to read a poem about a dirty house? I don’t know what it will take to get me in gear. I know I should be doing something, yet here I sit. Not only me, but Danny and Ciara are watching TV. We could all be doing something right now. We didn’t get much accomplished today because we had to go down and sit with Ma again. Roy seems to take forever when he runs into town and he seems to need to go every day. He stays gone a few hours and someone has to stay with her because she is still so weak. I’m not complaining about sitting with her, I just wish Roy could get all his running done on one day so we could get some things done around here. We did play Farkle with Ma a little bit and she won both times. We are sitting here waiting to head for church. We ate out again tonight because I don’t have anything in the house to cook. I’m getting back into the same rut that I was in awhile back. I was doing so well there for awhile, cleaning on the house every day. Now I sit around blogging my non-progress instead of getting up and doing something about it. I don’t know what Danny would do with a totally clean house. Probably fall over in a dead faint. He says we got up our Christmas stuff up late last year but I don’t remember it being this late. While I’ve been sitting here it’s dawned on me that I’ve got to pay bills. So I guess I better get to it because heaven knows they won’t pay themselves. Oh how I wish they did!

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment