Tuesday, December 8, 2009

She's All Dressed in Black...

She’s all dressed in black looking so grown up. She’s so mad that she even has to go. Go where you ask? To her annual Christmas program. Ciara came home from school today and informed me that her Christmas program was tonight. I thought the sixth graders wouldn’t be in it this year, but no we were wrong. So this means she has nothing to wear and I mean NOTHING! She is supposed to be dressed in all black with red accents and she doesn’t have anything that fits. Everything she has is a year old and she’s grown quite a bit from last year. So that means we must go digging through my closet because we don’t have time to go shopping. Nor do I have time to cook dinner tonight and we are all starving. So I guess we’ll be leaving early to stop at Sonic and grab a quick dinner. I think a jalapeño cheese burger with tater tots sounds pretty good. But I could still eat the soup we’ve had for the past two nights. In the mean time Ciara is complaining because I’m making her go tonight. She would opt out if it was up to her, but I told her she had to go. I don’t think she is very happy with my decision, but I can’t imagine not going to her program. Well we have to go vote first before we head to dinner and Danny is getting ready right now. Ciara has to be in the classroom at 6:45 and that means we should be able to find some decent seats. She is supposed to be cleaning her room, but I told her I wouldn’t prompt her that it was all up to her to get it done. She has one week to get it clean and if it isn’t she is grounded a day for everyday that it isn’t clean. When I say grounded I mean from everything! She will have no phone, no TV, no radio, no nothing! Well I’ve gone on long enough. I’m sure there will be plenty to tell after the program. In the mean time I think I will go get me a snack!

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment