Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Couple of Busy Days

It’s been a couple of busy days here at the house. The time has flown by and I have less than a week and a half to get all my Christmas shopping done. This is so depressing! I haven’t even started and it makes me feel like I’m so far behind that I won’t get caught up. I’m hoping that maybe we can knock out the majority of the shopping in two days, but maybe I’m being a little too ambitious. With all the shopping I did yesterday and today you’d think I’d have something else to show besides a dress, shoes, and scarf for Ciara, but that’s all I have. I spent so much time looking for a red sweater that opens up for her outfit and I finally found one and bought it, only to have her not like it (of course I didn’t like it when I bought it but it was the only one I could find). It took 10 stores to find one red scarf! It’s Christmas time for heaven’s sake! Where’s all the red!?

So when we went to Shannon’s band concert the other night it was so wonderful. Before we got there we took Ma out to her first restaurant dinner since who knows when. We went and ate Pho and it was wonderful and she really enjoyed herself. I also couldn’t tell you the last time (if ever) she’s been to one of Shay’s concerts. Ma enjoyed the music even if it was freezing in the PAC. Shannon was so excited that Ma and Roy had come, she ran up and hugged her and started to cry. It was a very moving moment.

I have been working some around the house. I’m trying to get caught up on laundry and it’s not quite knee high anymore. I could be doing something right now, but my head is killing me. I took some medicine and now I’m just waiting for it to kick in. Speaking of headaches, Danny is doing much better since he had his shot on Monday. The headache has stayed at a 3-4 rather than a 9-10! He is really encouraged that maybe this is going to finally work. Poor dear, this headache has been going on now for almost two months and I know he’s tired of it hurting.

I did go to the doctor today myself. I went to see if I could get a few stitches in my ear because when I was brushing my hair, my hairbrush got caught on my earring and about ripped it all the way out. Ouch! But I found out today that you can put stitches in ears, who knew! He said it should heal up nicely, but to keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn’t get infected because an infection in cartilage can be disfiguring and spread to other places, again who knew!

Well I think I’m going to go take a short nap and try and get rid of this headache. It’s really kicking my butt and we’ve got our Christmas church party tonight that I need to make something for before we leave. And we have to leave early to go get Ciara some small give away items for her class party tomorrow. So much to do so little time! Well my yawning is getting in the way of my typing so I’ll update again soon.

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment