Friday, December 18, 2009

Shop Till You Drop!

Oh my goodness what a day! Can we say, shop till you drop! It ended up being an extremely successful day because Shannon went and picked up Ciara from school so we were able to almost finish up. All we need now is a few stocking stuffers and I’m done. I’ve even started wrapping!! Everything is in its appropriate boxes and I don’t know what I’d do without those “pre-wrapped” boxes. Have you seen those boxes that have a scene on it, or are decorated with writing in some fashion? They are the neatest thing since sliced bread! There are still plenty of boxes that have to be wrapped the old fashion way, but I think I’ve made tremendous progress!

I was getting so tired while we were shopping today, so guess what my wonderful husband did? He signed me up for a thirty minute massage! It was a wonderful treat! There’s nothing like crawling under those covers and just letting all your stress just melt away…ahhh! I forgot how much I enjoyed those things! And while I got my massage my husband patiently waited outside and there was no rush! How awesome is he! And we shopped together and it was wonderful too. He’s great at making suggestions for the girls, so it’s not like I went out, bought all the gifts and just stuck his name on it. I know some men do that, but I count myself very fortunate that my husband gets involved.

When we got home I started unloading the car and getting everything put away. Then the phone rings and who is it? My uncle…oh no! He was calling to invite me to Christmas Eve at his house. What I can’t figure out is why I’m invited to this when no one really wants me there. Is it there obligatory call just to hear me say I already have other plans? I’m not sure, but I did tell him I did have other plans. It’s worth noting that he sounded fine and not upset in any way. I wonder if they see what mom and grandma put me through? Maybe they understand my position in some way? I’m not sure, but what I do know is I’m not going to spend my holiday with people who don’t want me. Instead I will make other plans, and I’m sure it will be great.

Tomorrow is a new day and it should be fun. I plan on finishing up the wrapping and getting the gifts under the tree. If I still have some steam left, I may go shop for the stocking stuffers, and then clean on the house some. But tomorrow night will be the best! I’m going out with Brenna and I’m sure it’s going to be a blast. When I really sit down and think about it I have so much to be thankful for, so very many blessings in my life. Yes I have found the Christmas spirit in my soul, and it was here all along!

Melissa Fitzwilliam

2 comments:

  1. I wish i was as organized as you are! what a wonderful feeling to be done!
    I am just out visiting other Oklahoma bloggers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope to see you around here more!

    ReplyDelete