Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I'm Missing You This Christmas...

I’m Missing You This Christmas
It’s so very different this year
As I look down and see you all
I am closer than I appear
We are having a joyous time right now
All of it your mind couldn’t comprehend
Being together right here next to dad
All of our love to you we send
I’m missing you this Christmas
And I know you feel the same way too
We cling to all the memories we have
That right now just seem too few
Please take comfort in my smile
Though it’s only in a picture you’ll see
For I am smiling watching you right now
I can feel your great love for me
I’m missing you this Christmas
More than you could ever know
I’m watching and waiting anxiously for you
Merry Christmas, I love you so

Melissa Fitzwilliam
(written December 2005)

In loving memory of my Uncle Jimmy who passed away too soon in 2005. This is his message to all of us who are missing loved ones this Christmas season.

No comments:

Post a Comment