Saturday, December 5, 2009

A Teapot Calling My Name...

Today seemed to be a pretty busy day. It was almost like I got up with both feet running. Maybe it wasn’t quite that bad, but it was pretty crazy. I went and got Ciara right away and it’s good to have her back home. Then the girls and I made a trip to Wal-Mart that seemed to last for hours! The lines were incredibly long and people were getting on my nerves. Then we had to run by Lowe’s for some more stuff for the fence. After that I dropped Ciara off at a friend’s house so she could play with her for the evening. Shay and I were hungry so we stopped at Panera quickly and got a meal for the road. When we got home I threw a load of clothes into the washer while Shay washed her hair. Then it was time to start getting ready for the Christmas party at church this evening. First I had to make some chocolate chip cookie bars for tonight since we were having snacks at the party. Shay helped me empty the pan that the other cookies were in so I could use that pan and then she washed it for me. Then I started to get ready which was a good thing because when I checked Facebook for the time (I thought it started at 5:30) it said that it started at 5:00! So we were running around here trying to get the presents wrapped for Dirty Santa and I tried to get the cookies cut but there just wasn’t enough time. So we went to church and had a good time and ate so much food! There wasn’t as much stealing this year as there has been in years past, but it was still fun. I still have a little bit of a headache left and I’m thinking about going to bed early because we have to get up early and go to church in the morning. But I think first I will have a cup of tea and maybe a bit of cake before I start that way. And maybe see what’s up with Ciara because she sure has been quite since she’s been home and I wonder if something is bugging her. Anyway, that’s for another post. For now I have a teapot calling my name!

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment