Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Dreaded Cold!

Well I think I’m coming down with a cold. I have the sniffles, cough, stuffy nose, scratchy throat, and drainage. Yep, I really think it’s the dreaded cold. And not that you ever want to get one, but one right before Christmas and on the night I’m suppose to go out with Brenna, trying to look cute in a little dress… I think I may have to change my outfit. I suppose I should drink some hot tea with lemon and honey to maybe make my throat a little better, but it just doesn’t sound good right now.

Well we’ve already had an interesting morning. The big dogs got our dachshund Mitch dog and commenced trying to tear him up. Shannon and I were inside talking when we heard all this barking and growling, just flat out snarls, going on outside. We jumped up and ran outside to see Mitch lying on his back yelping in pain. Shannon starts screaming and crying, I start yelling at the dogs and run over to him to see if he’s ok. Shannon is spanking the other dogs trying to get them away from Mitch. It turns out that Mitch is fine. He walks like he’s a little sore, but I think he’s good.

Now I need to just get started on my day. But I am so tired right now. Danny has got a cold too, but he thinks his is turning into pneumonia because he has so much drainage in his chest. I don’t think its pneumonia yet, but he is coughing so badly. He kept me up the majority of the night with his coughing and sniffling and coughing drops just weren’t cutting it. He’s got the chills which isn’t a good sign, but luckily for me, I don’t have those. Well this isn’t getting anything accomplished and I need to get something done today. I really would like to make this a lazy day but there is too much to do for that. I wish I could go get Danny a Christmas present but he says we just don’t have the money and I had the perfect gift picked out for him. We’ll see what I can do…. Everyone try to stay warm and think warms thoughts for us. Prayers for a quick recovery from this cold is much appreciated!

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment