Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ciara's First Dance...

Yesterday was a good day. It was slow paced and just a relaxing day. I was able to sleep in and it was so nice. Danny was suppose to go to the Men’s Prayer Breakfast but when his alarm went off he shut it off and went back to sleep. He said later he didn’t even remember his alarm going off, much less turning it off. I guess he was really tired and needed his rest. When he finally got up he had to get ready to go to the feed store because we were all out of hay for the horses. Steve and Nicky went with him while us girls stayed at home and just vegged.

Nicky had invited Ciara to his school dance and she has never been to a school dance before. I was planning on going with her and staying the whole time, but she was protesting very loudly. So around 2:00 I was still planning on staying and so I jumped in the shower to get cleaned up so I could go to the dance too. I told Ciara my mom had gone to every dance of mine so it was only fitting that I return the favor. She said she didn’t want to go if I was going to stay and I told her that was too bad because she had already given her word that she would go and she had to keep her word. Shannon also had to go to work yesterday and she wasn’t every happy about it. She had Friday off but what got Shannon was that she was going in early and she was afraid they would change their mind and have her close too. And she would be right! She called after she had left and gotten to work and she was in tears. They were making her close again even though she was the first one in and should have been the first one out. They love her as a worker and she feels like they take advantage of her and we think she is right.

So we got ready to go to the dance and I asked Danny if he would like to ride along with me. By this time Danny had told me we needed to run some errands so I told Ciara that I wouldn’t be staying at the dance much to her joy. She asked if I could put a little bit of makeup on her and I thought about it (I mean she is only in sixth grade) and decided a little bit of blush wouldn’t hurt anything. So I was able to put on some blush, eye shadow, and a dab of mascara on her and she was so excited. She borrowed my black high heels and when she was totally ready she looked so grown up! It made me want to cry! So once everyone was ready we loaded up in the car and headed to the dance. Danny decided to go with us and we thought we would be able to spend a little time alone and just enjoy each other’s company. So we dropped the kids (Ciara and Nicky) off and headed to the store. Danny wanted to look at the post board when we got there so I went ahead and went inside and got what we needed. For whatever reason the post boards really get on my nerves. I didn’t want to stand outside and look at a board for things we didn’t need nor could we afford at this moment in time. However, his patience paid off because he found a person that buys used cars and we have this old pickup in our driveway that needs to go. He gave the guy a call and the guy said he could offer us $200-$250 for the truck. Danny had hoped to get about $500 out of the truck but at this time if we have an offer we have to take what we can get. After that Danny wanted to wash the car but I first convinced him to stop at Sonic and get us some Java Chillers. It’s like iced chocolate coffee, they are so good. So after that we went to the car wash and he spent $8.00 washing my car, it was that dirty!

By the time we got done it was time to pick up the kids. I went in to pick them up and they said they had a blast! I was so happy that her first dance went so well even though she hardly knew anyone there since it was Nicky’s school dance. We headed back home and Nicky decided he would stay the night so he could go to church with us in the morning. When we got home Steve called and wanted to see if we wanted to play Farkle with him and Tanya. Danny said sure so they came up and visited for awhile and we got out the dice to play Farkle. They told us they had decided to stop smoking and that they had called this 1-800 number that offered free patches. Danny said we should try to stop smoking together so tomorrow we are going to call and see if they will send us out patches too. I am ready to quit smoking and I think with us all stopping it will be easier to quit. Danny said he’s finally ready to quit smoking and we need to save all the money we can. I’ve tried the patches once before and they didn’t work but Danny had wanted me to keep smoking with him and whenever we would be around Tanya and Steve they would be smoking which made me want one too. So I’m excited because I am ready to quit smoking.

Now to today…I woke up to swelled shut eyes and when I went to look in the mirror I saw that once again I had pink eye. I was so bummed because I know it’s so contagious and that meant we would not be able to go to church. So I laid back down and fell back to sleep since I could go anyways. I slept until 11:00 when I finally decided to get up I tried putting a contact in one eye only to discover that I had pink eye in both eyes! I was so upset because I had not been able to find my glasses for months and I would need them since I couldn’t wear my contacts. So I did the only thing I knew to do and I prayed. I needed to find them and I had looked all over my room before and even checked under the bed in case they had fallen off the night stand and couldn’t find them. I had torn my night stand apart and couldn’t find them there in the past. So with a simple prayer I went into my room to look. I moved one item on my night stand and there they were! God is so good even in the small things!!!! So my contacts are put away for the time being until the pink eye goes away. I hate the way I look in glasses but there is no other choice but to wear them.

Now the guy is coming over to look at the truck and hopefully within this week he’ll be able to come over and pick it up. Then we are going outside to work on the fence since it’s such a nice day outside. We really need to get it up because Elowyn keeps running down the road and she’s going to end up getting run over. So I’m excited to be able to work on the fence with him and I think the kids are going to help too. Shannon was able to go to church this morning and then she had to leave right afterward to go back to work. Whenever she gets back home she and Danny are going down to work with the horses again. They have been working with the horses for the past three days and it seems with each passing day the horses are getting better and better. So I’m getting off of here and getting busy. Tomorrow I will head to work at the new job and I’m a little nervous about it. But I’m sure everything will go fine because God is in control!!!

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment