Friday, February 26, 2010

I Got the New Newer Job lol!!!

Today was such a busy day! I’m thankful for the fact that I didn’t spend the day bored, but it feels like I drove all over the world! I was gone from the house from 10:00 this morning until 5:00 tonight. It was like a full day of work! But oh the things I got accomplished! It was busy in a good way. God continued to show Himself strong today and that always just blesses me to no end. He is such an awesome God and I can’t believe He looks on me with such amazing love!

Well to start the day I went to the doctor for the tendonitis in my right shoulder. It hasn’t been getting any better and in fact on some days it seems worse than when it first happened. I knew I would probably have to get a cortisone shot and those always hurt so badly. However I was all about the outcome than the momentary pain the shot would cause. I was right about the shot and I may have to go in for a few more if it doesn’t calm the swelling down. He thinks I’ll probably have to get two more shots and I told him physical therapy was out of the question since I’m working now and I don’t have the time in my schedule to fit it in. He said that wouldn’t be a problem since physical therapy wouldn’t help with the swelling anyways. He said it would take up to two weeks to tell the difference in my shoulder and know if the shot was working. He has high hopes that this will work.

After I got done with the doctor I had to head to the second interview at The Buckle. I already had high hopes because when she called yesterday she said they wanted to offer me a position. I didn’t want to walk by my other work place so I purposely parked away from the store and walked the extra distance so I wouldn’t have to go by there and possibly see Farry. I just wasn’t ready for that yet. So I went to the store and talked with Natalie and she said they definitely wanted to offer me a position and I could start as soon as I wanted to. The one drawback is I will only be making $5.00 an hour, but I get 3% commission and up on everything I sell. She said the average worker makes over $8.00 an hour because of all the sells they are able to complete. This store is much busier than the other store ever dreamed of being. I told her I had to call Farry and turn in my two week’s notice but as soon as I knew if she was going to work me anymore I would call and let her know when I could start. I went out and called Danny to see what he thought about the job offer. He said as long as I wasn’t working with Farry anymore and if I thought I would be happy there he would stand behind me 100%!

So after I talked with him I called to talk with Farry (didn’t want to do it face to face, call me a chicken, but I hate confrontation!) and she didn’t answer the phone. So I left Shawnee and headed to Harrah to get my prescription from the doctor and went grocery shopping. We needed some dinners for the weekend and we desperately needed some other essentials. When I got in the car my phone started ringing and it was Farry. I told her I had been offered another job that was willing to pay me more and I couldn’t resist the offer. She said it was a good thing and that she had planned on letting me go on Monday anyway. She said that the fact two pairs of jeans had been stolen on my watch and then I sold the bracelet for less than what it was that she just couldn’t help but let me go. Then she said she still believed that I had smoked in the bathroom no matter what I said and that it was inexcusable. I can’t tell you how mad I was that she didn’t believe me. She said I needed to come to the store tonight and turn in my key. So I had to drive back to Shawnee (20 mile drive one way!) to drop off her key. I was nervous because I had a feeling that it would be somewhat confrontational. I got there and gave the key to her and she started talking about how I had taken advantage of her and that she hoped at my next job I wouldn’t do that to my new boss. I have no idea how I took advantage of her when I had stayed when she asked me to, came in when she requested, and worked the very best I could. But it was obvious that my best wasn’t good enough for her. I told her I had not smoked in the bathroom and she asked me if I could smell the smoke (well no!!!) then she says of course not since I’m a smoker. She said she could smell it and had to clean everything up back there so the smell wouldn’t sink into the shoes and the clothes. Personally I think she was searching for reasons since I called first to say I was quitting. She did deduct the cost of the bracelet from my check and when the total came out it wasn’t even enough to cover the clothes that I had bought. Danny wondered how many others she did this too. He didn’t like her from the start and he normally doesn’t have such a strong aversion to people when he meets them. He thinks she hires people to have them buy her clothes and then looks for ways to not keep them. It ensures she’s getting more money and that she stays in control. Not that she shouldn’t be in control because it is her business; I’m not sure about his theory but all I do know is I’m glad to be done with the job.

Now I’m back home and we are having frozen pizzas for dinner tonight. I need to jump off here and start getting dinner. I’m excited to spend the evening with the family tonight. Shay and CC are home and Danny’s not working so it will just be the four of us tonight. Oh, I almost forgot, I called Natalie and told her I didn’t have to work there another two weeks so she is starting me on Monday! So things are going alright! I’m happy with the turn of events and I praise God for all He’s done for me. I plan on cuddling with my wonderful husband tonight (who cleaned the house while I was gone today!) and maybe renting a movie off the tv. Ok the pizzas are on and the family is back up from working with the horses and they are a starving bunch! I’ll enjoy my weekend off and be ready for my new job on Monday! Please keep me in your prayers!

Melissa Fitzwilliam

2 comments:

  1. How awesome to see how God has been at work through this whole thing. I was praying about the new job and I haven't been to the mall in so long but went by a "Buckle" store today and it made me think of you. I think you're right about Farry. This was probably so easy for her to say after you just gave notice and she could verbally get back at you. It is so good that the Lord is moved you into a better place! Hope you enjoy your cuddle time tonight, you deserve it! What a blessing you are to your family for going out and finding work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracey. It is a huge stress off of me to know I have this new job and that I don't have to work with someone that would treat me the way Farry was. It makes me wonder if I'm a bad judge of character because I thought she would be really nice. But I must say I really like Natalie and I think she will be a joy to work for. I still need prayers that the Lord will prosper me in this job. I really think the reason I didn't sell at the other job is because it's not where the Lord wanted me. I think He had me go there just to see what a good boss really is. I did get my cuddle time in and it was wonderful. I am truly blessed to have a family that loves me and loves God the way they do. Yes, I am the blessed one!

    ReplyDelete