Saturday, February 13, 2010

Past Couple of Days....

I’ve been too tired to blog these last few days, so I haven’t. I feel like there’s so much to tell, but again I’m so tired that I’m going to try to keep it short. Going back to work has really drained me. I forgot how exhausting it can be; working and trying to keep the house up. Luckily I got help getting the house in order for the big day today. The house did get finished but almost too late, but it did get done. But not before we broke 2 vacuum cleaners, including our own.

Let’s see, I’ll start back on Thursday. I started cleaning the house on Thursday and got quite a bit accomplished. I cleaned the whole kitchen and some of the living room. If you could have seen the house you would understand why it took me that long just to get that much accomplished. It was so overwhelming, but it had to be done. After I cleaned the house, Danny and I went to go get Ciara from school and then it was off shopping. I had to get some clothes from the boutique I’m working in because you have to wear their clothes while you work. We spent right around $200.00 and it about killed me. I bought my most expensive part of jeans ever at $40.00. I just don’t spend that kind of money on clothes. Don’t get me wrong, I love shopping for clothes but I’m a clearance rack girl. That’s where we did the majority of our shopping while we were there, was on the clearance rack. That’s why I was able to get a pair of jeans so inexpensively (yes I said that word at $40.00). Their regular jeans run from $98.00 to $150.00! So I ended up getting a good deal on them.

Yesterday was a work day. I got there right around 10:00am and started cleaning, counting the drawer, and all the things it takes to run a shop. Farry thinks I’m doing a great job so that’s pretty exciting. Danny and Ciara don’t know what to think of her though. I did find out that she is Muslim which makes me sad. She speaks as though we serve the same God, but we know differently. She asked if I could stay until 4:00 and I just told Ciara she would have to go to extended care for awhile after school. As in ended up I stayed until 5:00 because we were coming up five cent over in the drawer. I counted and recounted and no matter how I did it we were five cent over. I did end up getting to sale almost $200.00 in clothes so the Lord really did prosper me that day, so please keep the prayers coming! So I ran and got Ciara and we had to run into town and get some vitamins for me and stuff for dinner today. Once I finally got home, 7:30, I started cleaning again. I left the bathroom, sweeping and mopping, and vacuuming for today though. I was so tired I ended up going to bed somewhere around 10:00 or so.

Today was a stressful and exciting day. Today is the day we got to finally meeting Brenna’s boyfriend, Gil and his son Ryan. But first the house had to be finished. I got the bathroom done and Danny said he would clean off the table while I swept and mopped the kitchen floor again. I also had to make cookie bars for Brenna and get dinner started. So Danny said to not worry about vacuuming because he would do it. He tried our vacuum first and after about ¼ of the living room it just died. It had been running really loudly and was putting off this burning smell. So he ran down to Ma’s house to borrow their vacuum. He got another ¼ done and their vacuum stopped working (and no my floor wasn’t that dirty!), and by this point I’m starting to stress because Brenna had called and said they were on their way. So Danny took back Ma’s vacuum and stopped at Steve’s house to borrow their vacuum. Well something is wrong with their vacuum because there is hardly any suction at all going on with it. So Danny was almost done with the living room when Gil and Brenna walk in. I was so embarrassed! I had hoped to be kicking back and relaxing by the time they got there, but no that wasn’t going to be the way of it. Gil and Brenna decided to take the kids, Ryan and Ciara, down to see the horses and look at the land so while they were down there Danny finished vacuuming and I finished dinner.

When they got back up here we all played a game and Farkle and had a good time. Gill is so very nice and I can honestly say this is the first boyfriend of hers that we actually like! Ryan is so well behaved and so well mannered that he’s a joy to be around. You can tell Gil has raised him very well. Gil is so respectful of Brenna and you can see they both really care about each other. He’s a great Christian which has Danny and I both very excited! We want to see our girls with good godly men, it’s just so important to us. We watched “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs” and it was really cute. They didn’t stay that long after dinner but we still had a very nice visit.

Now I’m sitting in my recliner relaxing. I want another cigarette, but I only have two to get me through until after church tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow it will be Danny and I’s ninth wedding anniversary. We eloped on February 14, 2001 after a crazy night (that’s when Steve’s house burnt to the ground and we decided life is too short so let’s go get married lol). I have to teach tomorrow in Sunday school and it will be my first time to do the teaching in our now junior church. I’m a little nervous to be teaching with so many other people but I am praying that God makes it’s a nice experience. I’m going to get off here and hit the hay. I am so sleepy and I know tomorrow will probably be busy too. Hopefully I can get my stamina back up so I can start doing more and not feeling so drained. Here’s hoping….

Melissa Fitzwilliam

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you're back! I missed seeing your posts since you usually post every day. That's encouraging that you were able to sell $200 at your new job, more answers to prayer. And will keep praying for energy and to balance work and home life. I liked the songs/poems you shared too. Very moving and such a good reminder about God's love for us. Oh and happy anniversary! We're behind you by a year, this July we celebrate 8 years.

    ReplyDelete