Sunday, February 14, 2010

I Love Valentine's Day...

Today was a nice day. I love Valentine’s Day! I think it’s the perfect holiday to be reminded just how much God loves us. I was reminded how much I was love today too! He is such a good God, so loving and caring. He goes above and beyond all measures to continue to show just how much He loves us. Yes I think it’s a perfect holiday.

Today when I woke up the first thing I thought of was Danny. We have such an amazing story of love ourselves. I couldn’t believe it had been nine years from the day when we threw caution to the wind and ran off and eloped. I am so blessed to have him in my life! I know he feels the same way too! I think that what’s our love so special is we both can’t believe God brought us together. Neither one of us thinks we deserve the other, yet we know we are so blessed to have each other. I didn’t know how I would show him just how much he means to me, but he reminded me that I show him that every day with my love. So I got up and got ready for church. Ciara came in and both of her eyes are red and puffy and after looking for a minute I came to the conclusion that I think she has pink eye. She can’t go to church because it’s so contagious and I have to go because I have to teach today. So Danny volunteers to stay at home with her so I can go to church. I am married to the most considerate man!

I went to church and had a good time. There were five teachers to one student, but we are trying to get this new junior church up and running so there was no room for slacking. I think it went very well. It was neat to have more than one teacher and in a way it made me more accountable to them to make sure I was prepared. We were teaching about Esau and Jacob and that in the end love conquered the bad feelings between the two brothers. I think the lesson went very well with the holiday today.

I didn’t stay very long after church because I was anxious to get home to Danny. So when I got home I had a surprise waiting on me. Ciara had made Danny and I an anniversary cake. I was happy to be home with my loving family. Ciara decided she wanted to make a dinner for Danny and I so the both of us went to cuddle on the couch while she started working in the kitchen. Danny decided he wanted to take a nap and so I went and got me a nice, long hot bath. I love my bath time. It’s so relaxing! I ended up staying in there for almost two hours. But I enjoyed my time even if I did come out looking like a prune.

Dinner was done when I got out and Ciara had set the table up so nice and had champagne waiting on me. There were candles lit everywhere and pictures of Danny and I up. She did a great job and the thought of it now about makes me choke up. I have such an amazing daughter; she’s always thinking of ways to show her love to others. I think she really out did herself this year. What she did meant so much to the both of us.

Now to tomorrow; Ciara will have to miss school because of her pink eye and luckily I don’t have to work tomorrow so I can take her to the doctor. I also have to take Danny to the doctor tomorrow for another procedure on his neck. I also need to get things ready for the week since I will be working. This will be my first week working by myself so I’m a little excited and a little nervous. I pray that the Lord will continue to prosper me this week as He did last week. All in all it was a great day and I’m looking forward to a great tomorrow.

Melissa Fitzwilliam

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Ciara is a rare jewel! You guys keep loving one another and the blessings will continue to come to you all!

    Love ya'!

    jimmy

    ReplyDelete