Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Soon to Be Non-House Wife and Mom...

I woke up this morning (really afternoon) to a warm husband in my bed. I can’t tell you how good it felt to have him next to me! He was sleeping well and I could hear him breathing next to me and it was so relaxing. I didn’t sleep well last night (what’s new) because he was gone and my shoulder was really hurting me. As soon as he walked in the morning (I can always hear him come in) I was out like a light. I slept so hard and good and it was wonderful. I know the main reason for my sleeping problems is the fact that he’s not next to me. I do some what ok with the dogs next to me, but we all know it’s just not the same.

When I finally got up I was determined to get the house in order. I’m taking a break from it right now, but I think I’ve gotten quite a bit accomplished. The kitchen is almost done, I’ve windexed the doors, and wiped down all the cabinets and walls. It hurt my shoulder to do it, but it has to be done. Brenna and Gil are coming over on Saturday and the house has to be spotless. Ciara said she would help me with it and I’m going to let her. It’s so overwhelming because I’ve let it go for so long now. I don’t think it will take an incredibly long time to get it finished (maybe another three hours or so) but my energy is lacking.

Today I get to pick Ciara up (finally!) and I’m so excited. I miss her so much when she’s gone with my ex-husband. I miss doing the “mommy stuff” with her like cuddling and just being a mom. I feel like a part of me is missing with her gone, and actually there is a huge part of me missing. Our children are such a blessing in our lives and I feel so amazingly privileged to be called their mom. I can’t believe God picked me to raise them and bring them up in His ways. I think that is the biggest responsibility that a parent has.

Today we will go to church for a church planning meeting. We will go over last year’s budget and plan what we will be doing for this next year and deciding in what direction we want the church to go. I think this is an important part of the church so we can see what we’ve done and pray about what God wants us to do. So for a change I won’t be watching the kids tonight. I will miss playing games with them, but I have to be a part of this meeting tonight.

I don’t know what I’m going to fix for dinner yet. I haven’t planned ahead like I should, but what’s new. I think I will let Ciara decide what we’re having for dinner and I may just let her cook tonight. She’s got to take care of the bunnies, do her homework, and we will probably need her help feeding the horses because we have to go get feed today. The horses have been without hay for almost a week now and that is bad for their digestive system. Money is tight so we won’t be able to get much, but we will be able to get through to the next payday which is on Thursday. Danny is starting to realize what dire straights we are in. I think he’s beginning to panic as I am. He can see it is depressing me and I think he’s finally able to feel the same burden that I’m feeling.

I wanted to get blogging done early today so I could carry on with what needs to be done. I need to go to pt this week, but I don’t know if I can find time in my schedule. I am missing seeing Anita and things are really starting to build up. It just goes to show that I’m not ready to be done with counseling yet. I can’t see her for another week, if I can even get in then. I hope I don’t have to go too much longer without seeing her because I have so much to tell her. Well I guess I better get back to cleaning. I only have thirty minutes until I have to leave to go get Ciara and I have to find time to get a shower before church. Needless to say I am pressed for time. So much to do and the minutes seem to fly by. Just another day in the life of a soon to be non-house wife and mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment