Friday, February 19, 2010

No Work This Weekend :( ....

I went to work yesterday hoping last night would be a big selling time, but oh no! I ended up not selling a thing! I was so disappointed! We had about six customers come in (understand it’s a small, expensive store) and we had several customers try things on, but no one bought a thing. There was this one girl that’s a friend of Farry’s who is coming back today to buy a few things. I was hoping she wouldn’t wait on Farry and would go ahead and buy the things she loved, but she wanted to wait to get Farry’s opinion first.

I cleaned the store from top to bottom. I didn’t have to, it wasn’t on my list of things to do, but I was bored. Only having six customers come in during four hours of work just isn’t much. Farry was disappointed that I didn’t sell anything, but what can I say, they just weren’t interested. I did talk with Farry before she left and she asked me if I would be willing to go full time during the summer time. She is wanting to make me the store manager of a plus size store. I don’t know what I think about that. I really have no desire to work full time but I would be getting a raise plus commission and I think that would be great money for us. I will have to do some serious praying about it. I asked Danny how he felt about it and he wants to wait and see over the next couple of months to see if I really like the job. I did get a call from Marshal’s to see if I wanted to come work for them, but I don’t think I do. This job feels right even if it is a little bit farther away. And I can’t believe she’s already thinking about promoting me to a manager’s position after working there for only a week. She must be seeing something I’m not. The other thing I noticed is she isn’t working me a lot this next week. She doesn’t even have me working this weekend! I had hoped this is when I would get the majority of my hours in. She did say she might have me work open to close on Monday plus open on Tuesday because she may be going out of town. But even working that much still doesn’t make up for what I could be doing this weekend. The one thing I did notice is she does have me leaving at 2:30 the rest of the week so I can go get Ciara. That is definitely a plus because we didn’t want to have to put her in extended care, so I’m thankful for that!

When I got home I was feeling very frustrated with myself for not selling anything. I felt in a way like I had been a failure. Maybe I shouldn’t feel that way, but you have to consider I’m only getting minimum wage unless I sell something and make a commission. For example, the other day, when I sold over three hundred dollars worth, it ended up to where I was almost making ten dollars per hour. That’s not bad for five hours worth of work. So when I got home I decided I needed to relax. So I ran me a hot bath and sat in there for almost an hour letting my feet soak and trying to get rid of the soreness out of them. I have to say it did make me feel so much better. I read a good book the only thing I was missing was a glass of wine. That would have really topped it off! I ended up going to bed around 11:00 and it felt so good to crawl beneath the covers even if Danny wasn’t there. And I actually slept pretty well last night which is unusual when he isn’t home. I did notice as soon as he got home I was able to sleep really hard with him lying next to me.

Today I got up and got dressed pretty quick because I had a call from the doctor’s office that they had called me in a prescription for my pink eye. I also had one of my headaches and I knew my headache medicine was really at the pharmacy too. The good thing is my headache has subsided and I didn’t even have to take my headache medicine which is a good thing since it knocks me out. When I got home I started trying to figure out what we would have for dinner. Barbeque sounded really good so I got a whole chicken out of the freezer and thawed it in the microwave. I have this great recipe for barbeque chicken in the slow cooker so I decided that is what we would have for dinner. I love my slow cooker because once you have it on you don’t have to watch it or mess with it, it fixes itself. I worked on the kitchen for awhile and got some accomplished. Yesterday I had read through the rest of the weeks Bible readings not knowing if I would be working or not so I didn’t want to get behind so now I have nothing to do. Don’t get me wrong I could continue to clean the house, but again I’m just not in the mood. I did tell Farry yesterday to reconsider the hours she doesn’t have me working this weekend and try to reschedule me so I would be working some hours. I think she is nervous about the weekend because that’s a big time to sell for her. I pray she does reconsider and has me work some this weekend.

Now I don’t know what I’m going to do with myself. I would rather be bored at work and be getting paid than be bored at home. When I’m bored at home I tend to smoke more and I don’t like that. I could curl up next to Danny and take a little nap, but I’m really not that tired. I could fix me something to eat, but I don’t feel that hungry yet. Maybe I’ll make me a little pasta and sit down with my book and read some. I have nothing else planned for the day so I will sit here on the computer I’m sure and just be bored out of my mind. Oh, I do need to go take my eye medicine again. I’m really trying to get rid of this pink eye. I forgot how much it could hurt. The other thing is today is Elowyn’s birthday. My little puppy turns a year old today. Won’t give her any special treat but I can’t believe almost a year has gone by since we got her! Time flies by so very fast. Well I guess I could get off here and do some laundry but that sounds awful right now. I could pamper myself with a long hot shower, but I’m not feeling it right now since I just took a long bath last night. Well here I am rambling again so I guess I really should get off and plan the side dishes we are having with dinner tonight. Oh, maybe I could make myself a sweet potato for lunch; that actually sounds good. Praying for you all!

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment