Thursday, February 18, 2010

Closing Tonight...

Well I finally got to see Anita today and I had so much to tell her. Normally we only talk for about thirty to forty-five minutes, but today I used the full hour. It has been a month since I’ve seen her and I could really tell it was time to talk. The main thing she had to say today is I need to work on setting boundaries. I’m really bad about letting people walk all over me and already I can see letting Farry have her way with my hours and Anita said no way! She said boundaries still exist with the necessity of needing hours to work. I can’t let her run all over me and dictate to me that I need to stay until 4:00 when I really need to be leaving there at 3:00 to pick up Ciara. Is it bad for Ciara to stay in after care? No. But what is bad is allowing her to change my hours after Farry agreed to let me leave at 3:00. I’ll have to really pray about this because I hate the thought of a potential confrontation. Not that it would be, but it’s just the possibility that it could happen.

The other big thing I had to do today was talk to Ciara’s teacher about this boy that’s really been inappropriate. When I say inappropriate, I mean trying to grab her chest, inappropriate! I told Ciara if he ever touched she was to deck him and she said not to worry that if he did anything she would just rack him lol. But I did tell her if I found out that she didn’t do anything to protect herself she would be in trouble with me, but if she did do something and got in trouble at school she would in no way be in trouble at home and I would take care of the school issue. Now the main problem is this boy is sitting behind her and won’t leave her alone. He reminds me of a type of stalker! Ciara said this boy pulls her hair out and keeps it and just says gross things to her. I wanted her moved! I told Jean (our pastor’s wife and her math and science teacher) what was going on and she moved her immediately much to my relief. Now I expect her to be moved in her homeroom and in any other class where she might sit next to him. The teacher said I should have come in right away when the problems started happening and I told her I didn’t want to be one of the tattle-tale mom’s. She said not to worry that she would talk to Ciara and get to the bottom of it so that made me feel better. Ciara was so excited that I went and finally talked with the teacher and I think she feels more relieved than I do. I really think this boy scares her and Ciara doesn’t scare easily. But hopefully the problem has been taken care of now.

I also called the doctor this morning because Ciara gave me her pink eye! Yuck! Ciara is going with Jason a day early (meaning she’s going today) so we can’t share her prescription anymore. I had been just using hers and now that she’s gone I’m without any and I still need medicine. So when I called the doctor I told the nurse the situation and she said they would get a prescription called in for me. I need to call the pharmacy in about an hour to see if they got it called in so I can go pick it up so I can have my afternoon dose. Geez, it’s always something…

Now I sit here blogging because I really don’t want to do anything else. I need to clean the kitchen, match socks for Danny, and just do a general house cleaning but I don’t want to. I just want to relax before I have to go in and work tonight. I’m praying that the Lord prospers me tonight as I work and I can make a lot of sales. I think the store will be busier at night than during the day because that just makes sense. More people go and shop after work and kids will be out of school then. I close by myself tonight and Danny is really nervous about it. He’s going to get me some mace to have on me for when I’m walking to the car, but he still says to have a security guard walk me to my car for safety’s sake. I think he’s right, because I can’t tell you how many stories I’ve heard of women getting abducted out of mall shopping centers when they are walking to their car and I don’t want to be another statistic. So please also be in prayer that the Lord keeps me safe as I do this job. I think it would be different if there was another person working there that could walk out with me, but since there is only one person working at a time, it makes it all the more dangerous. Well I guess I should get off of here and do something productive with the three hours I have left. Maybe I’ll be so productive as to take a nap lol. We’ll see, but I do know that I need to do my daily Bible reading and have some quiet time with the Lord. That will be at the top of my list to do this afternoon. So I think I’ll go do that right now. Until next time, my prayers are with you all as always…

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment