Thursday, November 12, 2009

How Great is Our God

Our worst fears as Christians rarely ever happen. This is what my pastor has said again and again. Today I found that to be true. I had a great fear that Ma wouldn’t make it through the surgery today, but pastor’s words rang true. She made it through ok but only by the grace of God. God has shown Himself so powerful through all of this and He never ceases to amaze me. Our prayer all along has been that Ma’s healing would be to His great glory and I have no doubt this is the case. It does break my heart to see her in such great pain, but I know it will pass and she will have a greater quality of life after this. This past year she has merely been existing and not great at that. But God has offered her a new opportunity to live. He has granted us more time with her and for that I am so grateful. This Thanksgiving will be a special one for all of us as we thank Him for His rich blessings in our lives and by renewing Ma. I told Danny it would be a joyous day to see her eat jello again and even more when she can eat solid foods. This is a good day. It’s a day that God has given us and we will be glad in it. Praise be to Him and His miraculous plan for our lives. I don’t know what the future holds, none of us do, but whatever that plan is, it’s in His perfect will that it happens. Praise God for His great goodness towards us, His love is everlasting to everlasting. God alone will receive the glory for all that happens in this and in all things. I’m so glad to know Him as my Savior and to be called a child of God. I wouldn’t have wanted to live this day any way other than the way it was lived; resting in His perfect peace and lavished in His abundant mercy. How great is our God!!!

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment