Saturday, November 21, 2009

Headache...

I woke up this morning with one of my headaches and it makes me mad. I have too much to do today to have a headache! I’ll be cooking most of the day trying to get ready for Thanksgiving dinner tonight at church. Ciara is helping me out by peeling potatoes and Shay helped out by going and getting dog food and feeding the horses. I don’t know what I would do without them! They are such a blessing to me! Danny, too, has a headache so he’s sleeping right now, though he’ll have to get up soon to smoke the turkeys. I’m making garlic mashed potatoes, homemade cranberry sauce, homemade bread, and probably an apple pie. I’m still thinking about the apple pie and it will probably depend on this headache. Pumpkin pie would be easier, but that still means making pie dough and rolling it out. There is so much to do and we have to be there by 5:30. My main prayer request is that this headache goes away. Right now it’s time to get busy. I’m excited about tonight because after supper we are having communion or as Pastor Don put it, the Lord’s Supper. Although we do this every month, I think tonight will be special as I reflect on all the things I am thankful for. Well I better get busy because this food isn’t going to cook itself! More later…

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment