Thursday, July 23, 2009

Refined in the Fire

I’m being refined in the fire washed in His blood
Grace is poured out in an unending flood
I was a stench in His nostrils tainted from sin
Wretched and ragged, corrupted within
I was without any hope, lost and alone
A wandering lamb without a home
Until I called on His name in the dark night
To put an end to my sin filled plight
With a prayer I was made into a creation anew
Made to look in the likeness of You
I was refined in the fire, washed in His blood
Mercies poured out in an unending flood
This lost lamb You came to find
To show me love of a different kind
Nothing great was asked of me
Only to accept, trust, and believe
All I had was my heart to offer
I was a broken vessel with empty coffers
But You took me as I was
That’s the beauty of what Your love does
I’m refined in Your fire, washed in Your blood
Peace pours out in an unending flood
How do I fathom the greatness of You
And the way that You love me the way that You do
What can I offer You, what can I give
Besides a life for You always lived
How can I thank You for all that You’ve done
Giving up Your one and only Son
How do I love You the way You love me
Only to accept, trust, and always believe
I’m refined in the Fire, washed in the Blood
Your boundless love pours out like a flood

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment