Saturday, July 18, 2009

Breath of Brilliance

There was a brilliance before me
Of its likeness my eyes had ner espied
Radiance took on a form of life
Beaconing me unto its side
A mortal man stood before me
His eyes were piercing blue
His hair like a golden sunbeam
He was my revere come true
Before my life had succumbed to darkness
Dawn’s light had not met my eyes
A somber murkiness seem to enfold me
Life’s truth was an obscurity of lies
Then there was the breath of dawn
With its presence, sun shattered the night
An indwelling peace encompassed me
Truth arose shining, banishing my long lived plight
Every breath I breathe refreshes me
His radiance has cleansed me within
His brilliance never evades me
Inflamed in his ardor, love wins
He enfolds me in all of his resplendence
Enchantment illuminating his eyes
Enclosed in his lavish devotion
Spindrift in an incandescence sublime
Now these are the days before me
Ensnared in His consuming embrace
Living our life in the breath of brilliance
Loving each other in splendor always

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment