Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Midnight Dream

Once upon a midnight's dream
An angel came beckoning me
He wrapped me in His wings of white
His appearance that of radiant light
His voice so strong, gentle, and true
He said, "I've come to rescue you."
He swept me up into His arms
A Prince to save me from all harms
In Him is the essence of splendid majesty
Robed in righteousness and loving mercy
His head adorned with a crown for royalty
Declaring Him Lord of Lords, King of all Kings
He said, "The time is nigh, we must fly away"
"Prepare yourself for it is our wedding day"
"Today you will become My beautiful bride"
"Holy and pure, through Me you will be glorified"
"I will take your veil of ashes and it will be no more"
"But with a crown of beauty, on you will be adorned"
"I have waited oh so long for this day to come"
"Now together we will be joined finally as one"
I looked up and gazed into His loving eyes
I smiled at my Bridegroom as He gazed into mine.
The vision I beheld began to grow dim
I tried to hold fast onto the image of Him
A voice whispered to me softly that it was time to wake
My midnight dream was over with only visions to take
Pleadingly I said to Him , "Don't make me leave"
"Don't send me back without You to an earthly reality"
His smile was so warm, eyes glistening bright
As He cupped my face He said, "You're forever in my sight"
"For now I must visit you in your midnight dreams"
"But soon I will come and take you home with Me"
"I love you my darling, I'll come back to you tonight"
"But know for now I'm in your heart, waiting for moonlight"
Once upon a midnight's dream
An angel came beckoning me
He wrapped me in His wings of white
And held me there all through the night.

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment