Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Day's Grace

I search so hard and I try to find
A peace that seems to evade me
The questions that race through my mind
And what the answers may be
I talked to You this morning
Seeking You in all that I do
Looking for Your gentle warnings
And Your grace to get me through
Trials continue with each new day
The quandary presses ever on
With no resolutions coming my way
It seems like all hope is gone
At noontime I come seeking You
And the promises that You’ve made
In my weakness I need strength anew
And in You all my fears are allayed
Daily challenges remain a mystery
The solutions is hazy and obscure
Life seems like an impenetrable reverie
What more must I endure
This night, on my knees, I come to pray
There is still much I don’t know
I need You to lead my way
And show me the path I must go
All Your promises I hold true
Your Word serves to remind
That Your mercy is given anew
For You are love defined
I won’t worry about the days of past
You are the God who was
And I won’t concern myself with today at last
For You are I Am who does
And tomorrow holds no fear
You are the Lord of come what my
You are faithful through all the years
As You guide me in all of my ways
Thank You, Lord, for loving me
In spite of all that I do
As Your servant I am free
To praise You my whole life through

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment