Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Monday Morning's

Monday morning came too soon
Leaving me with thoughts of you
This morning the air seems so cold
My arms aching for something to hold
The day star came way too fast
Midnight reveries didn’t long last
I must make it through another day
How I long for you to take me away
Stars of the night do not leave
I want to be free of reality
Monday seems to come everyday
Weekends pass, never to stay
Dawn has come, I must arise
As another fleeting night dies
Starry darkness, come back to me
Enfold me in enchantments so sweet
Moon beams shine ever on
Your effervescent will soon be gone
Leaving me longing all the day
For night to come, ever to stay
Starlight mist swirls around
As loving moments with us are found
Enfolded in your consuming embrace
The orb of the night, my saving grace
Monday morning came too soon
Leaving me thoughts of you
Moon beams come rescue me
Son in his arms I can be free
But Monday mornings will continue to come
Leaving me longing under the sun.

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment