Saturday, July 4, 2009

I Try to See

I try to see what there really is to see.
I try desperately to see the real me.
For so long I have listened to your lies
And believed all that was said in your eyes
I saw how I was never enough for you
But what I never saw was what was really true
I saw how I was the reason for your pain
The bitterness on your heart is the stain
But what I never saw is what is real
There is great worth in me still
You tried to bring an end to what would be me
But instead I discovered you weren’t my need
You hate all that I have become
All you tried to make come undone
I stopped listening to all your lies
And found what me of me defines
I finally found the truth you tried to hide
And how many lies you were willing to lie
I came to realize I am not your pain
I’m not responsible for your heart’s stain
Now that I can see all that’s real
You won’t define the way I feel
You can never bring the end of the real me
I have conquered what may lie beneath
And I will continue to be what I’ve become
Never can your lies make me come undone

Melissa Fitzwilliam (For the family I left behind... I can't be undone!)

No comments:

Post a Comment