Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Broken Pieces

Broken pieces, shattered frailty, tiny shards is the only thing left
Smaller than grains of sand that slip from you grasp
Is there any resemblance to the person I thought I was?
Or was I destined to awake from a dream that could never last?
Slivers of hope fall away in my brokenness leaving a raw bareness
I yearn to feel nothing as I drown in my despair
I am plunged deeper in a darkness I hate yet with no strength to fight
Here in this night do I even have a prayer?
The tears have slowed, as the energy I have rolls down my cheeks
I am a limp shell with no courage to face the new day
All my reserves have been stripped bare
Now I am left stumbling to make my own way
My hopes, my dreams slip through my hands as though they are water
Yet the reality is they are my tears that speak of what can never be
The tighter I hold on to them the quicker they fly away
With my hopes crushed what is to become of me?
How can my brokenness be mended when I am shattered so small?
I can not meet tomorrow enfolded in my frailty
If I could just be held for tonight and find comfort in Your embrace
Maybe being rocked in Your mercy I can find a peace in reality
Yet here I sit all alone growing colder with each moment that passes
The sun has set on more than just today
I have reached the end of me, left with no dreams
The new dawn will find me in despair with only a prayer to find my way.

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment