Friday, June 19, 2009

Broken Road

What peace may be found
In a heart that weeps in deep despair?
What condolence can be gained
When there is no strength for prayer?
How can I comprehend
This broken road You lay before me?
It feels as though my faith has fled
Leaving me so empty.
Where is Your mercy
That You spoke of so many times?
Where is the freedom in the injustice
That so tightly confines?
Humbly I sought Your will
That Your way might be my own.
Surly there must be some mistake
With the results that have been sown.
I have told You time and again
That I can not take it anymore.
Yet everything continues to pile on
Higher than it was before.
I need some respite from the valley
Through which I travel now.
I want to be the portrait of amazing grace
But I don’t know how.
I want to be a pillar of strength
Standing through the test and the trials,
But as the journey tarries on
I grow weary from the never ceasing miles.
How much longer will injustice reign,
Touting high all of its lies?
When shall truth be the conquering way
And then deception finally dies?
I need my faith to find me now
So that at last I may truly believe
Though I can’t see tomorrow
You have destined what remains unseen.
Even though I wish to be beyond the valley
And awaken from this dark night
It is here that You can hold me tight
Drawing me ever closer to Your light.
Surly soon this broken road I travel
Will turn into a glory filled path
Leading me always only to You,
Where the truth shall reign at last.

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment