Monday, June 15, 2009

What do you do....

What do you do when you feel like you are paralyzed my major depression? When you feel like no one can really understand? What is so amazingly frustrating is I don’t have a reason to be depressed. I have the best husband in the whole wide world and four beautiful daughters, yet I’m living life on the outside looking in. This isn’t a choice you wake up and make. There’s not a day that comes along when you decide to not feel joy anymore. What I wouldn’t give to feel an overwhelming joy, a sense of peace and security. My days are dictated my medicines I’d rather not take, yet have no choice if I really long to get back to living. My family is affected by this just as much as I am. If anyone would have told me this is the way things would be going for me a year ago I would have told them they were crazy, yet here I sit with the weight of so much on my shoulders. There are times it is so hard to catch my breath because I feel like my chest is frozen in fear. I pray so hard for the Lord to take this from me, to just heal me, but it hasn’t happened yet. I will not stop praying that He makes me better and not just like I was but even more joyful than that. I want to be the reason for someone’s smile, laughter, and joy, not feel like I am bringing others down with me. How I wish I could put into words the totality of what I feel and help others understand how much I love them and don’t wish to continue on this way. But all I have is prayer, and maybe it’s all I need.

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment