Monday, June 29, 2009

Finding Answers

Today I’m attempting to take the principles that I learn at church and apply them to my life today. Although I think it is easier said than done, it’s the fact I’m making an attempt to do anything. Tonight we will be going out to dinner with Megan for Danny’s late Father’s Day dinner. This should be a time of joy to get to see her again and I know Danny misses seeing her. There is joy to be found in the fact I serve an All-Powerful Mighty God who loves me and takes care of my every need. There is joy found in having a wonderful husband that is so giving and so loving to me. There is joy in having Ciara home and loving on her. There is joy to be found and after talking with the counselor today she did say it is a choice you make in your mind to be joyful and then practicing it in your life. I’m not sure how you practice joy, but I’m willing to give it a try in hopes of finding the answer. Finding answers seems to be a common theme in my life right now. Finding answers to all the “why’s” and “how comes” that have plagued me for so long now. My only problem is I don’t know that I’m any closer to finding these out and if I do find them out will I be satisfied with the answer? It seems as though I would be better not searching, but just simply accepting life as it is and moving forward. Again I’m not sure how you just say, “Whatever, so be it” and move on, but if someone could tell me how I would be willing to try. I know I travel on a journey and I’m not sure how long it will take or where it will end, but I know I’m hoping to find some answers, joy, peace, and grace along the way.

Melissa Fitzwilliam

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure anyone of us can say that we actually manifest our own joy. We know that comes from God. There are great mysteries out there, great quandaries that we'd like to solve or resolve, at least for ourselves. Nothing so profound that we can write a book about it, but just to give us another slice of comfort. Maybe another step closer to the answers. Life, my love, is full of questions and sometimes the answers elude us. There are some that would spend a lifetime trying to answer a single question "why am I here?" and never finding it even though our Lord tells us that He wants to take delight in us.
    Tossing off the worldly encumbrances of responsibility is something I think God wants us to do. Trust plays a big role in that. But how do we trust? I guess it depends on your willingness to ask Him to hold you closer and trusting that He is, without pulling away. Remember going on the roller coaster and closing your eyes on the downhill run, but you knew that the seat and bar had you locked in and nothing would happen to you. God IS that seat and bar. He'll allow you to feel the exhilaration of the ride (our lives) but holds you in, safe and secure.
    Trust, comfort, security, allowance. Quiet your heart, your daily grind; just let Him...just let Him. He will overcome you in this world and allow you to see the wonders of it without letting you fall and without feeling like you need to figure it out. As Ciara used to cling to you when you held her, so you must cling to our Dad while He carries you. I think He must really like it when we press into Him more. He is, after all, our real Father. <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if you'll get this now, but I love you so much Katie! You're the greatest friend and I miss having you around so much. I wish we lived closer together so we could do coffee together and just girl stuff. Thanks for following the blog. Again sis, I love ya!

    ReplyDelete