Saturday, June 20, 2009

I am a Wretch and You call me Your treasure...

I am a wretch and You call me Your treasure. I am nothing in life’s grand scheme, yet You call everything glorious, so where does that leave me. This world threaten’s is to steal any peace I may try to obtain. Yet Your mercies are new every day, Your great love pouring over me. As great as Your love is and how vast it is, one would think my life would be easy but it’s not. Moment by moment I struggle with so many things. Some things I have control over and some I don’t, but You control everything and by Your will everything is done. There are things I would fight You for, yet You keep them from me knowing they aren’t what I think they are and where I see joy, You see the sorrow of sin that could come if I only had my way. I can’t see Your great picture and I cannot fathom the vastness of Your plan, but I know You beaconed me to You long ago wanting to call me Your beloved. For so long I was an orphan looking for a father’s love, yet only knowing the perversion of men. Then You Abba came to me, picked me up and wiped me clean, promising everything would be ok. I needed a father to avenge me my loss and You great Father came riding in saving me from the nightmares of what was and You fought me from destroying myself. In Your battle to win me You had to fight me, forgive me, I know not what I do. As a wayward child I longed to sit in Your lap and snuggle close, but balked when You said it was time to mind. How could I understand that You know my mind and heart better than I ever could? As I grew up, I longed for someone to complete me, for I was missing so very much. I needed a beloved and needed to be cherished by them. Soon I would learn that no matter how great the love is a beloved here would always fall. So I called on You to be by Beloved and You told me in return I would be Yours. I am amazed that You really did come after me, me of no worth, no value. And this is why I love You with all my heart. This is why I would choose to be Your beloved time and time again, for the way You gave Your life for me. So many scorn me and try to bring me down, but You just turn me around. You have washed me clean from any of my wrong doings and before You I stand radiant, holy, pure, and white. There I will stand covered in Your blood, through the power of Your blood. And for Your great love, what can I bring to You? What offering would be worthy for the King of kings, the Lord of lords, the Prince of my Peace? I can only offer what I have and all of what I have I offer to You with a joyful heart. My hands to do Your work, my mouth to speak Your words, my legs to carry Your message all the places You would have me go, and my life that I lay at Your feet. I lay all of me before You, for it is all I have to offer. So make this wretch Your treasure. And though I feel like I am nothing in life’s grand scheme, You call me glorious, so it must be. This even though this world’s threat will continue to steal any peace I may try to obtain, Your mercies will still be new every day, Your great love will always be pouring over me. Because of Your great and vast love You could never be any other way, and that’s just another reason of why I love You so much, forever my Beloved.

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment