Thursday, March 4, 2010

Typical Day Off...

Yesterday was just another typical day off. It was nice to have a day off, but it also made me thankful that I have a job. I get so bored here during the day when Danny’s at work because he’s sleeping the day away and I have nothing to do. I came back home after dropping Ciara off and I had a slight headache so I took some medicine and headed back to bed. I had my day to sleep in and it was nice to be able to cuddle next to my hubby.

We went to church last night and the kids were in with us adults for a change. The kids weren’t happy about it, but I think they need to get use to listening to the messages in with the adults. We talked about the hedges that we like to stay in and when God takes those away we sometimes think that He is not holding up to His end of the bargain. We think that when God doesn’t make these big demonstrations of His presence we think He’s not there or is being silent. Don also talked about not putting God into such a small box to perform. He’s not a God that does tricks on demand nor is He a God that is all about making a big production every time He reveals Himself. He sometimes speaks in whispers and all we have to do is listen to hear His voice.

When we got home I decided it would be best to change the bed clothes because of this pink eye I’ve had. Ciara wanted to sleep in bed with me and the last thing I needed was for her to get it again. So she helped me change the bed clothes and we snuggled for quite a while before we finally fell asleep. I do like sleeping with her on the nights that Danny is working. It makes the bed not so lonely. I still didn’t sleep well and I kept having these crazy dreams. The morning came way too soon and I would have loved to crawl in bed with Danny when I got home, but I had to get ready to go to work.

Work was good today. It has been a little hard going three and four hours without a cigarette but I figure it’s just getting me ready for when I get my patches and I quit for good. I work with some really nice girls, but the best thing about it is my boss, Natalie. She is one of the sweetest persons I’ve ever met. There are times when it’s hard to believe that she’s actually my boss rather than just a new friend. It was another day of training day and my last training day will be tomorrow. But I was able to make a big sell today and it felt great and it wasn’t even that hard. Of course they knew what they were after, but still it was my first official sell without any help!

I picked Ciara up from school and ran to the store really quick to get some potatoes to go with our steak tonight for dinner. We picked Nicky up from the bus stop and he was such a sweetie and fed the horses for me. That was a good thing because I really didn’t want to go down there and feed today. I made dinner and now it’s time to relax. I don’t work this weekend much to my disappointment, and I can’t get in to see the eye doctor until Thursday so I’ll be in these stupid glasses until then. I need to get Danny some fresh coffee made so I better jump off here so I can have everything ready for him when he gets up. Now it’s time for a cup cake made by Ciara…yum!

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment