Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

So Danny and I talked about it and it wouldn’t be a proper St. Patrick’s Day without making corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, carrots, and Irish soda bread! So he ran to the store and got all the fixings and it’s cooking now! It smells so good in the house right now. We remembered that today is also church day so it wouldn’t have been possible to have a party anyway. However, we are having our own little family party which is enough for me. I have on my green “Kiss Me, I’m Irish-ish” shirt today, the only thing that will be missing is some Irish beer. But considering we are going to church tonight, I wouldn’t want to go there with beer on my breath. That’s just wrong on so many different levels.

Danny won’t be going to work tonight like he typically would because of the situation that is currently going on. He’s really checking out retirement at the moment. The thought scares me because we have no back-up plan for him to have a job. However, it’s in the hands of God and I know He will lead us to the right decision. Danny has a headache from all the stress he’s under right now and you can tell he doesn’t feel well. I know I already said it, but it really is hard to see him like this. I wish he would put his trust in God the way I am right now, but I think doubt is reigning in his mind at the moment. He’s just so unsure of what the right decision is and he’s second guessing himself at every turn. I’m praying for him hardcore! That’s all I can do at the moment; it’s all I have.

Shannon and Ciara went to the lake today and had a good time. They took Rucca with them and she always loves going to the lake. She loves going anywhere in the car! We are making plans to go on a short out-of-town trip tomorrow for a break and a little treat to the girls for spring break. I’m still not sure where we’re going yet, but the plan is to leave first thing in the morning and get back fairly early in the evening. It will be a nice break from the world. I was hoping to go down to Sulfer Springs, but Danny is wanting to head north and go to Isham’s (sp?) Chicken and I’m not sure what town that’s in. Sulfer Springs is my haven from the world. I’ve gone there many times just to get away. It is so peaceful and you can just feel the presence of God. He is there where ever you look. Its beauty is breathtaking and captivating. It’s like it is God’s gift to me here on earth. I haven’t found a place that equals its tranquility. Can you tell I love the place? lol

Well I guess that’s it for my day today. I’m not sure if I will be in with the kids tonight or not, but tonight I’m hoping that I get to stay in with the adults and sit with Danny. However, where ever God leads me is where I will go. You know, we serve such a great, awesome, and holy God. His wonders are awe-inspiring! There is no end to my great love for Him and I know I cannot fathom His great love for me. To know He is unsearchable is reassuring that He is such a big God. There is none like Him, no not one! He humbles me daily and there is no place I would rather be than in the shelter of His wings. To sit at His feet one day is my greatest desire! To live for Him is my heartfelt longing. I know He will give me the desires of my heart. He is the desire of my heart and He longs to give me all of Him. What a life to live living in the light of His love!!!

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment