Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Thief!!!

I am absolutely wore out!!! Looks like I won’t be getting a day off until Friday. That means working eight days solid without a break. The good news is the medicine that Misty bumped up is starting to work. This means I have more energy to get things done during the day, but I wear out fairly early at night. I’ve been going to bed around 9:00 at night which is really early for me. The other good news is I’ve been sleeping very well at night. Maybe that’s because Danny’s been home non-stop, but it’s still a positive that I’ve been able to sleep at night.

Well I had my first experience with a shoplifter yesterday. This woman in her forty’s came in looking for a pair of jeans. She tried some on then said she would be back in a bit. Sure enough she came back in an hour or so and tried on 5 more pair of jeans. I know this because we are supposed to keep track of what they have in their dressing room. So she came back out and said she was going to wait on buying the jeans and she started to put the jeans up. I told her I would take care of it and took all the jeans from her. I didn’t count at the time and she got out of there pretty quick. It’s good to note at this point that she had come in with a bag from another store. So I was putting the away the jeans and I paused for a moment because I only had four pair of jeans in my hands. I went into the dressing room to see if she had left a pair in there and they weren’t there. So I immediately went to my assistant manager, Allison, and told her what had happened. She said there was nothing we could do at this point because she had already left the store. What amazed me is I would have never pegged her as a thief! She just didn’t “look” the type. In any case I wasn’t in trouble and they actually were impressed that I knew what had gone into the dressing room and what had come out. Just another day right?

Today the district manager came in and it was my first time to meet her. Her name is Micky and she seems very nice. We spent the day tearing the store apart and rearranging it and putting it back together again. Typically I take my break at 12:00 or 12:30, but today I didn’t get to go until 1:30 and I get off at 3:00! I was so hunger and needed a cigarette so bad! So I ran out and grabbed a quick burrito and had a cigarette and I was good to go again. I spent the morning vacuuming the store and that is a lot of work because the store is so big. So I got my workout for the day that’s for sure!

I came home and started cleaning the kitchen right away. Yesterday I worked on Danny and I’s bathroom and got quite a bit of that done. I had so many dishes to wash it wasn’t even funny! Danny’s been so engrossed in doing research on his family he hasn’t had much time to work on the house, but he promised that it would change. I do know that working as much as I have been and keeping a house clean is hard work. If you saw my house at this point you would say it’s impossible because it’s so far from being clean. The carpet needs to be vacuumed so bad, but we don’t have a vacuum at the moment because ours broke.

That’s about it for me. There is just more work that needs to be done than I have time in the day. So goes life, right? I guess I better get off of here and spend some time with my family. Also Ciara made a chocolate cake last night and a big piece of it is sounding really good right now!! Oooh, with a big glass of milk it will be perfect! Ok that’s it for me, I’ll be back in a day or so, as time permits and keep you up on all the latest! My prayers are with you all!!!

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment