Sunday, March 21, 2010

It's All In the Hebrew Name....

Well the past two days have been filled with work. No complaints other than my feet hurting because I’m not use to standing on them all day. Today I didn’t get a break because I only worked four hours. I thought I would be working five, but oh well, so goes life. I’m working most days this coming up week and I find that I’m much more content working than staying at home. I didn’t think this could happen because I do love staying at home. I think the difference is the work environment. When you work with good people and enjoy what you’re doing it makes all the difference in the world.

We didn’t have church today due to the icy roads and the snow. I guess there was no one available to clean off the pavement and they didn’t want to risk anyone falling. I hate missing church because it just starts out the week on the wrong foot. My week always goes much better when I’ve had a good dose of God! That and the fact that we have a wonderful pastor helps tremendously! He has been so blessed with the gift of ministry and teaching that it astounds me. There is never a time I walk away and not have gotten something out of his messages. His whole family is just filled with the spirit of God and you can tell in the way they act just how much they are sold out on Him.

Ciara stayed with my mom on Friday night. I was unsure whether or not I wanted her to go and spend another night, but the more I thought about it I didn’t see where it could hurt anything. I’m just so leery of opening any area close to my mom because of our turbulent history. I wish I had a better relationship with her, any relationship at all actually. But God knows that my prayers are that the relationship not be restored (because it was so bad to begin with) but made new. I just can’t get behind her belief in the “name and claim it” theory. I think it is so wrong on many different levels. But that is a long story and I won’t get into that now.

I woke up with another one of my headaches again today. I wanted to take some of my medicine early on but it makes me so sleepy and foggy that I didn’t dare take it before work. So what ended up happening is it continued to build as the day wore on. This just means it will take longer for it to go away, but I didn’t want to go to work intoxicated on pills and that’s what I would’ve been doing. That does not make for a good employee with me dozing off at work with drool running down my chin lol. So I took some medicine after Danny picked me up and sure enough within thirty minutes I was ready for a nap. Now with Danny doing all this research online about his family I ended up not getting a nap because he kept asking me questions about how to get here and there and what to do next. Oh well, I think it will be early to bed for me.

It is official, Elowyn is pregnant!!!! I figure our first litter of puppies will be due sometime in June and we will keep them a full eight weeks before we get rid of them. I’ve been talking to Danny about getting a red miniature dachshund after we sale the puppies to broaden our color scheme in puppies. Either a red or a dapple would be nice. As long as they are a short hair because I don’t want a long haired dog out in the country where we would have to get it groomed and keep it brushed all the time. I just don’t have time for a dog with that high maintenance. I didn’t want Elowyn to have puppies her first heat but again so goes life. I guess God saw a reason for us having them now otherwise it wouldn’t have happened. I do have a name picked out for our next addition to the family and it’s Aniya which means beloved in Hebrew. All our dogs have Hebrew names! I give them names on what I want their character to exude. Asher means happy or prosperous and he is definitely a happy and he’s proving to be prosperous lol. We have Amos which means burdensome and we got him at a point in time where he was a huge emotional burden (poor boy!). We have Edom whose name means reddish and she is definitely a red dog. Rukka doesn’t have a Hebrew name, but then again I didn’t name her because she is Shannon’s dog. There’s also Mitch who was here before I came into the picture so he just has a normal name. Now what’s funny is our cats have Irish names. That was Danny’s wonderful idea! I don’t remember the meanings behind Regan and Conan’s names but we picked them due to their meanings too. I was able to name one of our horses and it’s a Hebrew name and it’s Rafa which means huge and he is a big horse. Can you tell I’m obsessed with the Hebrew language lol???

Well I’ve got to run and go get Ciara. She spent the remainder of the weekend at my ex’s house and I have to get her home and get her to bed for school tomorrow. I pray everyone is doing well and know I keep you all in my prayers. Please continue to pray for the work situation for Danny. Nothing has been resolved yet and as a matter of fact nothing has even moved towards any type of resolvement (if that’s a word and if it’s not it should be!!!). Well I’m off now. Peace be with you and your’s….

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment