Thursday, March 18, 2010

Living In The Light of His Love...

Today has been a relaxing day. We ended up not going out of town because Ciara wanted to go spend the day with her dad, even though he hasn’t gotten her yet and it’s a little after 3:00. Instead Ciara and I had a picnic out in our front yard. The sun is bright out today and is so warm on our skin. The sky is a brilliant blue with no clouds to be seen. It has to be in the lower 60’s; it’s just a beautiful spring day. I can’t believe it’s actually going to snow on Saturday and I’m not looking forward to it. They are predicting windshields in the teens with blowing snow, at least a couple of inches. It seems crazy for it to be snowing after such a gorgeous day.

The situation with Danny still hasn’t resolved itself, but as we studied in the Bible last night, it reassures us that God has heard our prayer and He already knows the outcome even though we don’t. It’s reassuring to know He has already taken care of the problem even though we don’t know how it will work out yet. Danny’s depression is getting worse and he’s talking about going to see Curtis, his counselor. I think it’s a wonderful idea, whatever will help him at this point in time. I keep telling Danny to trust in the Lord and everything will work itself out. I don’t know how much comfort Danny takes in that right now but it helps me tremendously. We will wait on the Lord and know He has us in the palm of His hand.

Well this is definitely going to be short because Ciara just got the call that we need to leave to drop her off with her dad. Tomorrow I work from 9:30-5:00 so Ciara is going to spend the day and the night with my mom. I’ll pick her up after work on Saturday even though I have to work again on Sunday. But there are no concerns because Danny won’t be working so she won’t have to stay here by herself. After we drop her off we are going to the book store to get Danny a book and I’m going to see if we can go out to eat and on a date tonight. He has another headache so it may not happen, but it doesn’t hurt to ask. All I know is I look forward to spending the remainder on the day outside because it’s too beautiful to stay inside. What a beautiful day to live in the light of our Lord, Jesus Christ. What a beautiful day to feel His awesome love and stand amazed at His glory!

Melissa Fitzwilliam

1 comment:

  1. Such sweet reflections on the goodness of our Lord. Praying for a good resolution to your husband's situation and for His love to continue to uphold you both.

    ReplyDelete