Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Let Me Be

by: Melissa Fitzwilliam

I dream the dreams I don’t want to dream
Ones of faded memories of you and me
I awake trying to recall what is real
In the middle of the night that’s all too still
What brings you to mind after all these years
You’re long gone now leaving me with tears
Please don’t haunt me anymore
It’s in the past and I’ve closed that door
This heartache I feel is all too much
When I awake thinking I felt your touch
I think I hear your voice whispering my name
Then with a start I realize it will never be the same
Leave me be in the here and now
I need to move on but don’t know how
These dreams are filled with such regret
I do my best to try and just forget
You’re a part of my past that I’ll treasure forever
The moments we had spent together
But I’ve had to move on without you
I wasn’t given a choice; it’s what I must do
How I wish these dreams would go away
They leave my heart heavy with the light of day
Peaceful dreams find me tonight
With no more memories for me to fight
Tranquil sleep come to me
Let me rest, just let me be

3 comments:

  1. The poem is awesome Melissa another one i think for sure could be published :) I was going to say the same thing that the patches maybe causeing you to have them dreams. I would ask the Dr anyway to see if it isnt Those are some pretty bad dreams no wonder you are not sleeping. Well i will keep you in my prayers as i always do and im proud of you for not giving into the temptation of having a smoke im sure it cannot be easy .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Trudy! The other thing I was thinking about is that the dreams started before I got on the patches, they're just getting progressively worse. I think I will definitely talk to the doctor about it and see what he has to say about it. I don't want a sleeping pill, but just make sure that nothing is wrong. I'll also talk to Anita about it and see what she has to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1 Peter 5:8-9

    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

    Yes the devil could show up in your dreams, however God could can show you stuff you don't want to see or unerstnd look at Revelation.

    ReplyDelete