Thursday, September 9, 2010

Help Me Fight The Dark...

It’s three a.m. and I’m wide awake
With memories of dreams I just can’t shake
All these emotions course through me
Of my life and what it should be
What keeps me hostage in these nightmares
Doing things I would never dare
I’m ashamed of myself in so many ways
These nights hold me captive; I long for the day
Why do they keep me in their grasp so tight
Leaving me with dark demons I try to fight
These nights seem to last all too long
And the days are too quickly gone
Morning star come shine on me
Vanquishing all these horrible dreams
The dawn can’t come for me too soon
Chained in these dreams will be my doom
Lord, cradle me in reveries so sweet
I don’t know how much longer I can feel this defeat
Rock me gently in the night
Find me resting in the soft moon’s light
Help me fight the dark and bring me peace
Help me fight the dark, help these dreams cease

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment