Sunday, September 12, 2010

Kid's Toys Are For Kids!!!

Well things are always changing and I’m realizing how much it scares me and how much I hate it. I learned this week that both my manager and assistant manager are leaving. The manager is just tired of all the long hours and desires to have a normal schedule, which I can’t blame her for. The assistant manager was offered a full time job as a pharmacy tech and she wants to be a pharmacist so she would be crazy to pass up this job offer! However, on my part I can honest say they are the best bosses I’ve ever had! When Natalie and Allison told me they were leaving I could help the tears that came to my eyes. When I get off here I’m going to be making them cakes (if I don’t decide to go buy one lol) for their going away party tomorrow.

In other news Friday night Ricky, Kathy, and I went to Oktoberfest in Choctaw. The food was amazing and the beer was pretty good too! I didn’t drink too much, but enough to be on the verge of silly. There was this blow up obstacle course for kids to go on and Kathy and I decided to race on it. There were tubes to get through and over and at the very end there were these collapsible blown up stairs. I was almost to the top and one of the stairs gave out and I did three flips and landed on my head! It was like there was an explosion in my head! I knew I would be in so much pain the next day! Well I didn’t even have to wait until the next day because as we were heading home my neck started getting stiff and my head was throbbing. So I went to bed but didn’t sleep well because I kept dreaming that I was in a car accident and was hurt so bad and couldn’t get any treatment. Anyway I was finally able to get some medicine yesterday and I slept without dreaming last night which was a nice change! The headache is a little better but it really feels like I’ve got a bad case of whiplash! I’m going to try to get into the doctor tomorrow and see what he has to say about it.

Saturday, even though I was in a great amount of pain, was so much fun. It’s that time of year for Harrah Daze and it’s a little carnival out where we live (really close to our church). Our church decided to set up a little tent and did free bracelet making and face painting. Since I’m not crafty this was a big step outside of my comfort zone. They set me up on the bracelet making and I have to confess I was so nervous. They are just little kids and they can’t hurt me, but I was nervous none the less. At one point our face painters took a short break when no kids had been coming up and they had only been gone for a few minutes and kids started showing up wanting their faces painted. So I swallowed my fear and got up, praying that the kids wouldn’t want anything too difficult. One girl wanted hearts and another one wanted a snail and so forth and so on. I have to say the things I painted on didn’t look great lol. Painting is just not my thing. I do well to color inside the lines! In any case I stayed for a few hours and had to leave because I was hurting so bad. But it was still a great time of fellowship and outreach and I pray we get some new members out of it.

Today was a really neat day! Kelly Bales was made a deacon! I have thought for a long time now he needed to be in a leadership position, but those kinds of decisions aren’t up to me. Anyway, Don gave the greatest lesson on leadership in the church and what it should entail and what it should never be. It was very informative and heart touching. I pray the Lord blesses Kelly and Pat as they embark on this journey and that our church will flourish from his work! He is a great man and a wonderful friend and our lives are richer for having them in it. Afterwards we had a great fellowship dinner with tons of good food! When I finished cleaning up I headed home to do some cleaning here although it’s the last thing I wanted to do. I came in the house and Kathy had cleaned the house while I was at church!!! I was embarrassed and thankful all at the same time. She is a great friend and I cherish her! So I decided since the kitchen was clean and the floor vacuumed that I would do some laundry. I stripped beds and washed some much needed sheets and blankets and they are almost done as we speak! Everyone will have clean bed clothes tonight! Yay!

I guess I need to get off here and contemplate making these cakes. I am also thinking about going and buying them at the store so I can just take another nap. This medicine has made me sleepy and I’m still hurting so bad. What I learned this weekend is kid’s toys are for kids and grown-ups should watch and cheer on from afar. I’m no longer a young one that can do those kinds of things without getting hurt obviously. It seemed like a fun idea at the time, but in the end it was a dumb idea, not to mention flat dangerous. The next big thing coming up is the anniversary of Danny and I meeting and getting engaged! All of this happened at our state fair and so we’re going there next weekend to celebrate! I’m so excited! Well this isn’t getting anything done and I need to see if I can get CC to rub my neck for a bit. May the Lord bless you and keep and pour out His great love on you!

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment