Thursday, May 21, 2009

River Wild

I am a river, wild and untamed
Searching for peace, yet not in vain
Surging forward, trying desperately to find my place
Roaring uncontrollably at a neck breaking pace
I am a pond, clear and pure
Quiet within, serenity assured
Calmness is portrayed in a false reflection
Floating beneath is my great fear of rejection
I am a brook, gurgling along
Seeking a place where I belong
Perpetually moving, yet not quite straight
Failing to stay the course, in a pitiful state
I am a waterfall, emotions tumbling down
Crying inside, tears with no sound
The rage is roaring, plummeting over the edge
I fear I’m falling dangerously over sanity’s ledge
I am a stream, flowing gently
Carrying thoughts that remain unseen
Raw emotions are carried everywhere I must go
In forward motion, and letting go is the best I know
I am a lake, dark and deep
Memories remain, my soul will keep
Sometimes I wonder what water of these I would be
If just for a moment I would let myself be free
I am an ocean, with a strong riptide
The undertow is merciless with no one in whom to confide
Its mighty powers easily pull me, struggling, under
There is One who can save me, but will He again, I wonder
I am the sea, strong and unsure
Seeming endless in the trials I must endure
I know the One who walked these turbulent waters
He could calm them, or carry me through and never falter
I am a river wild, searching for me around the bend
Wondering in which water I will find my reflection in the end
But knowing I will look more in the likeness of You
Because from this river wild You will deliver me soon

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment