Saturday, May 16, 2009

Lonely Nights

Tonight is yet another night I will spend by myself. Do I feel sorry for myself? Not exactly. I just miss him. I miss his warmth as we're falling asleep together. I miss the sound of his breathing, no matter how subtle it may be. I miss the slope in the bed, and the gentle way it pulls me towards him. I miss his tossing and turning in the night. I would rather be woken up knowing he's right there, than to stay awake and wish that he was. I miss his soft snores in the night; their softness soothes me back to sleep. I miss waking up from a bad dream and being able to cuddle up to him and know everything is going to be ok. Eight days without him; six days with him. No way you cut it, not near enough time with him. So do I feel sorry for myself? After all this, if I am, am I not entitled to it!? After all, they are my lonely nights to complain about after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment