Wednesday, August 4, 2010

God's Moving!!! (can you feel Him?)

Life has been so busy lately but in a good way. We took a trip to Missouri to look at dump trucks and I think we may have found one! It was a fun trip with Rick and Kathy and she kept me laughing the entire time. I think we have found us some good, honest workers, but better than that I think we have found some great lifelong friends! Rick is so knowledgeable about machinery and so is Kathy! We value their opinion and really lean on them to guide us in this search. I have been praying that God would bring us to the right truck! We do need to get this business up and running though and get some money coming in! Things are getting tight again, but I know God has everything under control. While the company on the trip was great, one of the places we stayed left much lacking!!!! It was a dive if I’ve ever seen one, but it was our only option at the time. I learned a valuable lesson that you ask to see the rooms before you agree to pay to stay there!! We also learned to take more clothes than you think you need. We took one day’s change of clothes thinking we would be back the next day. However what started to be a one day trip turned into a four day trip!! We had to go to Wal-Mart and buy us clothes to make it through the trip. However, through all the bumps along the way it was a good trip.

This coming weekend will be tax-free weekend here in Oklahoma. All clothes and school supplies will be tax free from Friday to Sunday. What this means for me is I will work this past Tuesday to next Friday without a day off. This weekend I will be back on the floor working with the customers. They say to be prepared for a crazy weekend! We’ve been told to wear comfortable shoes because we won’t be getting breaks. However, we are all bringing something on Saturday for a Mexican day and as time permits we will be running back to the stock room to stuff our faces and run back on the floor. I’m so glad I like the people that I work with otherwise this could be very miserable. I just saw the weather forecast and it will be in the 100’s this weekend and it’s mandatory fall dress code. What that means is jeans, no sandals, but close toed shoes, and at least three layers on top. Now yes that sounds like a lot but you can wear two tank tops and that counts as two layers. I know what jeans I’m wearing but I haven’t decided what tops I’m wearing yet. Not a big deal but still I want to be comfortable and not burning hot while I’m helping customers.

Tonight is church night and I can’t wait to see my church family. They have been such a huge support to me here recently and the love of God has just poured through them! I stand awed and humble at the people God has put in my life. We serve such an awesome God and I’m so glad to have Him as the Savior of my heart! Speaking of God Ciara went to church camp in Missouri and came back totally on fire for God!! She said she feels like she has been so fully filled by the Holy Spirit that she is amazed. She felt the Holy Spirit move during the entire trip. She has had some anger issues for awhile now and she said it was like this huge knot of anger just vanished during one of the worship sessions. She said the messages were amazing and she can’t wait to get out around people so she can show them through her life that she is a devoted child of God. My heart just overflows at this. She is even vowed to change her habits at school because she said she wasn’t honoring God in her work in years past. She wants to live for God in every way that she can think of and that means being a better daughter, a better friend, and a louder and more active living example of Christ’s great love for us. She has fallen in love with Jesus all over again and has been renewed. She has experienced a revival in her life and also His amazing grace poured out to overflowing! She is walking with Him in every way and I pray this doesn’t go away for her. My prayer is that our other girls experience this same thirst and hunger for our Savior. I also pray that He begins to renew my spirit and set me on fire as He has Ciara. Her joy for Him is contagious! I can’t wait to see what He’s going to do in her life!!!

Well I guess I better get to cleaning house. It’s a complete mess!! I’ve got a load of laundry washing now but I’ve let it build up again and it will take me a better part of a week to get it all done. (sigh) I need to start treating my house as a house of the Lord and keep it the way it deserves! My family deserves to have clean clothes, clean dishes, clean bathrooms, etc. Lord willing, He will begin a new work in me and we will all see the evidence of this in my life. I thank you all for keeping us in your prayers and ask you to continue to do so. I, also, keep you in my prayers and I am so grateful for all of you! The Lord bless you and keep you in the palm of His mighty and loving hand!!!

Melissa Fitzwilliam

1 comment:

  1. Such an incredible testimony! I am blessed to have read you blog! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete