Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ciara's Sick...

It seems like life is always taking twist and turns that are so unexpected. I guess that’s just life though. I suppose that’s a way to keep us on our knees before God always seeking His guidance and His support. As I blogged yesterday, we had the house to ourselves last night. I went for a swim for a little while by myself. When I came back in Ciara was complaining about not feeling good. She said her throat was hurting and she was all stuffy. I didn’t think much of it and we laid on the couch and snuggled for a little while. She went to bed at her regular time and everything seemed fine. I’m not sure what time it was but Ciara woke me up and was crying. At first I thought she had a bad dream, but she leaned over and whispered she was feeling horrible and wanted to know if she could sleep with us. I said sure so I scooted to the middle and let her slide in next to me. Now I have this unusual gift of being able to taste a fever on myself and smelling fever on others (I know it sounds crazy but it’s true). When she laid down I could smell her immediately. I put my hand to her forehead and she was burning hot. We didn’t have a thermometer in the house and I thought about taking her to the hospital I was so worried about her. We didn’t go but I knew there was no way she could go to school with such a high fever. So I gave her some Tylenol and laid back down with her.

I slept in pretty late since I didn’t have to take her to school and the Tylenol helped to bring down her fever. When I got up she was still complaining about her throat so I looked in the back and I thought I saw white pockets on the back of it but I couldn’t be certain because I didn’t have a flashlight to look back there really good. I had to get ready for work and since Danny was home I wasn’t worried about leaving her although I hate to leave her when she’s sick. I had Danny pick up her school work while I went to work. I had so many boxes to unpack it was unbelievable!! Natalie said I could leave early but I didn’t do it because I felt guilty since I have to be gone from work tomorrow for Terry’s funeral. I had told her I could come in first thing in the morning if freight got there early, but then I called Danny and he found the flashlight and looked at the back of her throat and sure enough she has white pockets covering her throat. So I called the doctor and I have an appointment for her first thing in the morning. So that made it to where I couldn’t even go in early to help them out, but Natalie told me she totally understood and that there was no problem with them doing freight tomorrow.

Well Danny just walked through the door so I’m going to jump off of here. Please keep Ciara in your prayers. Also keep Terry’s family and friends in your prayers. I think tomorrow will be a rough day for everyone. Oh, by the way today was my first day not smoking!! I’m back to trying the patch again and I pray it works this time. Also keep that in your prayers, that God would help me to be successful this time around. Also please pray that Danny and I don’t get sick. I’m not feeling so well right now and I’m running a low grade fever myself. The last thing we need is for all of us to get sick! Thank you for your prayers in advance and know I am praying for you as well!!!

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment