Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Catching You Up....

Life is getting back into the swing of things with school being back in session. I’m doing something a little different this year though. I’m getting up earlier in the morning so I can go out and have my morning coffee with a cigarette then going and fixing Ciara’s lunch and sometimes breakfast. I enjoy getting up earlier and having that little bit of time to wake up. Last year (and years prior) I would get up in time to throw on some clothes and get in the car to drive her to school. What I found is I would start to fall asleep on the way back home from bringing her to school. I had a few scary calls with my eyes half closed so I’ve decided I need to be completely awake before I crawl behind the wheel. Not only that but Ciara and I have time to spend some time together before she heads off to school.

This weekend was pretty great! It was my first set of days off since we went to Missouri two weeks ago. I was really ready for a few days off to spend time with the family. I went and got my hair trimmed some more and just piddled around the house. Shay came out on Sunday and it made my weekend!!! I have missed her so very much. It’s been a better part of a month since she’s been out here and that’s too long! I don’t know what I’m going to do when she moves to Louisiana for college at LSU. She’s not the only one talking about moving away though! Megan is talking about moving to Texas and trying to get on the police department there since Oklahoma has a hiring freeze going on for the foreseeable future. I can’t tell you how incredibly sad this makes me. I love our girls so much and the thought of them being any great length of distance away just breaks my heart. However, I’m praying for God’s will in their lives so I have to be open to what He has for them.

Rick and Kathy (my brother-in-law’s brother-in-law and wife lol and our workers for the new business) have been coming out here and staying the night quite a bit. They are wonderful people and I enjoy having them around so much. They were both raised Pentecostal and have been really burned by the church they were going to. However, they are Christians and hear us talk about how wonderful our church is all the time. So they finally decided to try it out and they really liked it. They said that we had talked about how warm and loving the people were there but didn’t expect them to be that way towards them. They said they could see the love of God pouring through the people there. I told them I would have been greatly disappointed if it had been any other way. Speaking of church Ciara has decided she’s going to start playing the drums on Sundays. We are going to a jamfest tonight there and she is going to show the elders just how talented she is!!! Skyler (our adopted son lol and computer guy) has really talked her up to the elders about playing the drums and her singing. Skyler plays the guitar and has such a phenomenal talent for it!!! I invited Shay to come tonight too and I think she’s going to try and make it if she is feeling better and doesn’t have to work. I plan on staying and enjoying them do their thing tonight. I don’t know if Danny is going tonight or not. I think it will depend on if he gets all his work done today on the business and if Kathy and Rick stay the night again.

Other than that life has been going good. I’m still greatly enjoying my job and I think this is my most favorite job ever!! The Lord is really blessing me through this!! I’m still looking for our next dachshund, Aniyah, but haven’t found her yet. In case I forgot to tell you, we sold Hannah and I’m really having puppy withdraws!! If I have my way we’ll have a house full of miniature dachshunds before it’s all said and done lol. Well I guess I should go get ready for work. I left early yesterday to go get Ciara from volleyball practice and didn’t get all my work done, so now I need to go in early to get it all done before freight gets here so we can mail out the pulls from this week. Pl ease continue to pray for us as we pray for you. Prayer is the strongest, most effective tool that God has given us. I’ve seen prayer turn into miracles and blessings abound. The Lord is mighty and all powerful! Praise Him on high!!! What a mighty God we serve!! Now that’s I’m done catching you up I’m really going to run. Have a wonderful day and I can’t wait until I’m back rambling more lol!!!!

Melissa Fitzwilliam

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to stay caught up on everything in your life. What a blessing your family is and also the job that you love. I agree about prayer being the greatest tool we've been given. It is amazing. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete