Saturday, August 28, 2010

Crash...Bang

So much has happened since I last blogged!!! I don’t even know where to begin. I know I’ll forget some stuff but I’ll do my best. The biggest thing that happened was I was in a little fender bender. I was getting off the highway to come home from taking Ciara to the doctor (she had strep throat) and when I looked behind me when I was yielding the car in front of me slammed on their brakes. Now keep in mind there were NO cars coming!!! I hit her going maybe 5 max 10 miles per hour. We pulled to the side and I thought we would just exchange insurance information and I would be on my way. I was in a hurry to get going because a friend of mine had died and his funeral was that day. Well the lady jumps out of her car and starts cussing at me immediately. She used the most foul language you could possibly imagine. I got my insurance out and they (there were two women in the car) were walking around like nothing was wrong. Well all of a sudden the driver starts saying she’s got a headache. They were talking to each other about whether or not they should call the police or not. Not only did they call the police, but they also called the fire department and the ambulance!!

So the fire department gets there and all of a sudden they couldn’t move (when they had been acting just fine!!!). The guys came back to check on us and we told them we were fine that we had no injuries. Well these women were putting on such a show that they kept coming back to make sure we were ok. Ciara pipes up and says, “We’re fine, they’re just faking it!”. The firefighter just dies laughing and rubs the top of her head and says ok. Well the police get there and the woman tried lying to the cops and told them the passenger was actually the driver. Why you ask? Well come to find out the woman who was driving was driving under a suspended license!!! The police officer came over and told us what we had said and both Ciara and I start saying oh no the small woman in the blue was driving. Well instantly the police start putting two and two together. Ciara told them there was no oncoming traffic so there was no need for the woman to slam on her brakes. There was also a witness that verified everything we said!!! Can we say scam!!!! So the police officer takes me to his car and takes my statement and tells me, “I want you to understand that I’m not giving you a ticket because your husband is a retired officer, but because these women have wasted my time!!” I was like woohoo!! I didn’t say that just you get the drift.

So now it’s time to talk to the insurance company. The women told the officers and the insurance company that I was going 40mph and knocked them clear into the middle of the street!!! (LIARS!) There is a tiny dent on the front of my car and that’s it!!! They had a small dent on the back of their car and nothing else! So the insurance adjuster came out and took pictures of my car and she said, “That’s it?!” I said yep. She confirmed that I was doing between 5-10mph when I hit them because otherwise there would have been more damage to the car. I told the insurance company that I thought it was a scam and I told them what the officer had said and they said they would research it really well. The women are now claiming that (they both have neck and back surgery) I messed up the hardware in their back because I hit them so hard and they both think they will need additional surgeries now! What a load of crap!!!! The insurance company says they are just looking for a payday and they aren’t going to give it to them!!! Haha the scammers lose and I win!

Let’s see…what else has happened…I did finally find Anayah!!! She’ll come home on Labor Day and I’m so excited!! She is a clear red miniature dachshund and she is just beautiful!!! We are still having trouble getting Asher and Elowyn registered as AKC but I think with a little bit of patience it will happen. While I was looking for Anayah I called all over the country to see if people would ship her to me. I called this one lady and she asked me if I had prayed about it yet. I told her no, and she said that God was telling her that I should pray for the right dog to come along and that I would know her when I saw her. So that’ what I started doing. I prayed that God would lead me to the perfect dog. When I said I prayed it wasn’t a quick prayer and that was it. I prayed hard! You see, I miss Hannah so much and I wanted Anayah right then!!! I would have taken the first dog that came my way. But after praying I found this lady that said she had a red one and she sent me pictures and when I first saw her, I thought no this isn’t the one. So I called our old breeder to see if she had any available. I wasn’t planning on buying from her because her puppies are no longer registered AKC but APRI. She did have two so I went out there to look at them. When I saw her I knew instantly which one was mine!!! I paid her the money and now it’s just the waiting game. I had forgotten what Anayah meant (I just love the sound of the name!), so when I got home I looked it up. It means “God Has Answered”!!!! Wow!!! How fitting!!! We serve such a great God!! He answers us in even the smallest of things!

There’s more but I have to jump off here and go babysit. But I will blog again later and finish catching you up on the latest. Got to run. God bless you and keep you safe in His loving hands!!!!

Melissa Fitzwilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment